Ike sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Not for me though, just my whole fam damly over in Texas. Here is a short video of me on the back porch listening to my Mom on how she is gonna be just fine on PB&J. She actually got power back in three days, but no cable or internet. And since the golf courses are all flooded she is not a happy camper. Mrs RB has taking a liking to the HBs and has stolen my 10x50 Nikon binoculars and even drank some of my beer :eek:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/ ... V01387.flv

Sis is without power at all three of her houses :'( (BIL is rolling in it though so they are making out OK.)

Breaux is without power and has been bbq'ing for the whole block, especially for the old couple across the street from him. Today his Boss showed up with a 6500KW Onan generator, 2.5 cases of beer, two 160 qt ice chests full of ice, two weeks worth of food, and a window AC unit so he is one happy camper!!!!!!!

I been trying to round up generators for our guys in the company and just spent 1.5 days trying to find a 300KW generator with a marine package for them to send off-shore to power up a rig. Note: Never tell them that it is for an off shore platform supplying gas. Your are immediately put in the "Oh Hell yeah!!!" catagory and the price goes up.

This ribeye has had my name on it for about three days.

img_165235_0_521b789d06ad34ef4838a10decf8554c.jpg

img_165235_1_45e68ecab3030f99d38ed51f8a2830b5.jpg

Used the flip a bunch of times method at 400.
No tellin when things will slow down.

Hope your family gets power back soon. My son lives in Spring TX and is using a generator to get by with. By the way steak looks good.

I hope your Mom and the rest of the family get power back soon.. At least we have some nice cool weather the last few days... ;) Rib eye rocks!!

I couldn't even imagine what the folks in Texas went through. I'm in Central Ohio and I just got my power back on from when Ike ripped through here on Sunday. We didn't get a drop of rain but we got the wind.

Back
Top Bottom