If a pig wanders into your field.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
... Is it fair game to shoot and BBQ?

I have an idiot neighbor who has 2 cows, 3 goats, a chitload of chickens, about 8 turkeys and now 3 pigs that he can't keep on his own friggin land. The one cow has been off his property more than it has been on it. it currently resides with a herd of cows in my other neighbors field. His friggin goats are always wandering around my property and this afternoon, I look across the field and there are three pigs rootin around in the field.a

I get in the truck and drive to their house. I pull up in the driveway and there are two young boys, about 2 and 3 years old trampsing around with the chickens, the one boy about 10 is headed out the door when I go to knock (he is home schooled) and she says hello when he opens the door... I say, " your pigs are in my field"... she puts he hands on her hips and sighs, " oh no.. I wondered if they were going to get out... we just let them out of their pen a few days ago" IDIOTS... you can't keep the rest of your damn animals in, how do you think you are going to keep the pigs in... duh! She sends the 10 year old out and says "go get some food and see if you can get them to come back home" ..... not to mention, their two damn dogs always traveling around and shitting in my yard.

.... now don't get me wrong.. I do live in the country, we have farmland all around us.. and people have cows all around us... they get out.. I understand that... but geez... these peoples animals are on other peoples property more than their own.

I think the law should state that if an animal is on your property, you can legally shoot it and eat it. Who wants fresh Q?

Thank you for listening

I am figuring that some of those animals are just going to wander off. Don't leave the gut pile where it can be seen.

As long as you yell, "It's coming right for us!", then it is self defense.

Pigs would eat us all if they could make a gun with a hoof trigger.

In the middle of the night they look a lot like bears anyway.

Captain Morgan said:
Pigs would eat us all if they could make a gun with a hoof trigger.

In the middle of the night they look a lot like bears anyway.
So that's what knocked that table over on the now classic BBQ Central round table..a pig after to many beers ;)

Back
Top Bottom