I refuse to let anyone forget...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I hope all of you remember what happened on this day in 2001. Regardless of what you think happened, there was a tremendous loss of life...and it was for no reason at all...I WILL NEVER FORGET!!

I remember too. It was my planning period. I walked in the library, and saw that a plane had hit the WTC. I thought "What kind of fool would rin into something that big??!?!?". Then I saw the second hit. Damn.

There was a exchange student from Germany at my school. Some of the asshole redneck students called her names because she was foreign. I was angry and dissappointed.

I will never forger, and will always respect those in any uniform for what has been sacrificed.

Greg Rempe said:
I hope all of you remember what happened on this day in 2001. Regardless of what you think happened, there was a tremendous loss of life...and it was for no reason at all...I WILL NEVER FORGET!!

Respectfully I disagree that it was for no reason at all. The Islamo-facists had and continue to have their reasons. Reasons that we as Americans may find hard to understand, but the inability to grasp those constructs will only lead to more bloodshed and if left unchecked will result in our grandchildren speaking Arabic if we survive at all. 11SEP2001 will be etched in my memory forever.

And we should never forget the Marines that paid the ultimate price in the Beruit bombing, the Sailors who died on the USS Cole and those who perished in the Embassy Bombings.

I don't care a rats ass about their reasons or concerns, just their absolute extermination. I refuse to coexist with those animals...EVER.
If that offends someone, I don't give a rats ass about that either.

DATsBBQ said:
Greg Rempe said:

Respectfully I disagree that it was for no reason at all. The Islamo-facists had and continue to have their reasons. Reasons that we as Americans may find hard to understand, but the inability to grasp those constructs will only lead to more bloodshed and if left unchecked will result in our grandchildren speaking Arabic if we survive at all. 11SEP2001 will be etched in my memory forever.

And we should never forget the Marines that paid the ultimate price in the Beruit bombing, the Sailors who died on the USS Cole and those who perished in the Embassy Bombings.

Yes!

When is the last time you saw one of us on video cutting someones head off while they were still alive??????????????????????????????

Phuck Em!

Those who protect and serve who gave their lives :
NYC Police Dept. - 23
Port Authority Officers - 37
Firefighters and Paramedics - 343

Never Forget.

The cadets at our neighboring Police Academy where I was taking a class today put on a nice ceremony...My FD did a memorial service this am.

I worked in downtown Washington DC at the time, 4 blocks from the White House. A guy with a TV in his office got a call from home, turned on the TV, and called us in moments before the second plane hit. I was heading out of DC soon after the Pentagon was struck. The underground Metro platform was packed with like-minded people. My train got to Rosslyn, the first station in VA, and was taken out of service, no clear reason. We joined thousands of others on that underground platform, where we were stuck for about 1/2 hour. It occurred to me how very vulnerable we were to a poison gas attack. It was quite a lesson for all of us, how quickly a handful of prepared and determined terrorists can throw the nation into disruption.

My biggest concern is that the lesson didn't teach us much that's useful. Continuing to live in the Washington DC area, I see all kinds of vulnerability that we haven't addressed. I'm sorry, but Homeland Security is a joke, an unwieldy megabureaucracy that had gazillions of dollars thrown its way, without a clue what to do. So they've been putting on a big security show. Do you feel more secure because you can't take a bottle of water or your nail clippers on the plane with you? because you're going to need a passport to cross the border from Canada, oh, one of these days?

I'm tired of having my rights as an American citizen messed with by a bunch of unchecked bureaucrats on a mission to surveill everybody except for the potential terrorists, while leaving our nation's vital infrastructure subject to easy attack. Do you think our nation's capital could be evacuated better now than 7 years ago? Don't be silly.

--John

Rag said:
I don't care a rats ass about their reasons or concerns, just their absolute extermination. I refuse to coexist with those animals...EVER.

Awful large amount of rat's ass references. Must be using rats instead of gerbils now. :shock: :LOL:

We should have just dropped a bomb on the whole area over there. Kill innocents?? Yeah, but they probably knew or in some way supported these "people".

ronbeaux50 said:
DATsBBQ said:
Greg Rempe said:

Yes!

When is the last time you saw one of us on video cutting someones head off while they were still alive??????????????????????????????

Phuck Em!

Great point! If we change "what we do" to cater to not offending them, they will not stop hating us. Unless we become muslim, these pieces of shit will continue their path. Even a total conversion woulds not likely be enough. Hell, look at Sudan (Darfur). At first they killed all the black Christians in the South. Then, once that was accomplished, they went after the black muslims in Darfur. Guess they aren't "muslim" enough. They hate us......PERIOD. Not going to kowtow to that and go all "Neville Chamberlaine!" Hell, they'd kill us just for eating pork. Want to stop eating pork? I didn't think so.

ps. I understand your point Dat's, but THEY are the ones who need to change or DIE!!!!!

Uncle Bubba said:
Rag said:

Awful large amount of rat's ass references. Must be using rats instead of gerbils now. :shock: :LOL:

We should have just dropped a bomb on the whole area over there. Kill innocents?? Yeah, but they probably knew or in some way supported these "people".

Innocents?? The ones cheering in the streets on 9/11?? You don't inflict injury on enemies....you annilate them.

I had the strangest reminder of 9-11 on this past Tuesday. I was at the Army Corps of Engineers in Louisville. Spray painted on the corner of the city block in front of the building in black, like off a stencil, was "WHAT HAPPENED TO WTC 7?"

Rag said:
BRAVO!

I don't mean to be a dick, but can anyone tell me what it means to "remember" 9/11?

Sometimes I get the feeling that the only people who "remember" 9/11 are the victims, their families, and those who have been sent to fight our wars for us (and their families). The rest of this country seems to feel as though it is enough to put a REMOVABLE sticker on an SUV and sing along everytime that "Proud to be an American" song is played on the radio.

We are a country of weaklings and morons. I promise you we'd remember 9/11 - each and every one of us - if congress would re-instate the draft and make us get off our fat asses and actually sacrifice something.

Words are useless - mine most of all. I am ashamed of the fact that I didn't join the Navy last year, I am ashamed of the fact that I am as financially well off as I have ever been in my life while our troops get handed their 2nd and 3rd deployments. I haven't "remembered" anything other than "where I was when 5000 people got killed" and I ain't alone.

- end rant here -

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom