I like Cajun & Zydeco Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
because about 90% of the artist are humble and started from the nothing. The music is easy to dance to. They aren't greedy and freak out if you use 30 seconds of a song for videos. Too much greed in the world.. Do yall remember when you were young and you recorded the radio to a cassette to play in your hot rods? That a no no these days... Concerts are like $200.00 to $1000.00 or more now. I know, I just bought 2 tickets to see U2 in Dallas Texas for Oct.. They wasn't cheap.. It's for my wife's Bday.. Anyway. Cajun and Zydeco bands rock!! Many others do too... Ok, I feel better now!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you ever get the chance to see Buckwheat Zydeco go see him!
He is on tour this summer, I saw him and his band a few years ago
well worth the $20.

Cheers

Must have been about 1970 I had an electrifying musical experience. My wife and I were in grad school at the University of Illinois. Archie Green headed up a folklore/folk music club that brought to campus some incredible string bands, blues players, and so on, to perform in the big concert hall in the performing arts center. The experience I'm talking about was when the Balfa Brothers performed. There couldn't have been many people in that young Midwest audience who had ever heard Cajun music before. The place went completely wild with delight. The Balfa Brothers were gooooood, and matching the enthusiasm of the audience, they played their hearts out for a solid two hours. Band and audience alike were exhausted. I gotta say I like Cajun music too. :D

--John

SS, IF I had an extra 100 bucks I do not think I would even buy a concert ticket these days. I love a lot of roots music and Cajun/Zydeco is a good one. I saw Buckwheat Zyddeco back in the 80 and it was a hoot.

Check out Beausoleil )Cajun Conga is a good one) if you are not familiar already. I have a Dead show on tape with the fiddle player, Michael Doucet, tearing up with the boys at a Halloween show. I will have to find that and figure out how to put it on a disc for you.

I have 2 full CD's of Cajun & Zydeco MP3s I like to jam too..It's funny because the Hispanics road workers hear me jammin out and can't figure out what I am listening too..Bruce Daigrepont is very good one too.. check this out:

<object width="320" height="200"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/HyfHeDGxh8s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/HyfHeDGxh8s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="200"></embed></object>

007bond-jb said:
Sooooo SS,,,, what instument do you play?

Digeridoo and I tried to learn the bouzouki...I know you play the drums right? I heard you carry a violin case with something else in there.. :shock:

surfinsapo said:
007bond-jb said:
Sooooo SS,,,, what instument do you play?

Digeridoo and I tried to learn the bouzouki...I know you play the drums right? I heard you carry a violin case with something else in there.. :shock:

:LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom