I did it this time...mud bug pie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
:shock: Aka Crawfish Pie :shock:
img_107916_0_db4c0cfab47d1912016451b26e7765fe.gif

All the goodies

First you have to make a roux

roux mixed with the goodies

Crawfish

crawfish added to roux and goodies

more goodies

boil then simmer

put it in pie shell after it cooled.

sealed the tops and pinched shut...

all cooked up, lettin it cool for a test.

I'll take a slice of that please

My first piece to eat...OMG!!! It's soo goood!!

The Recipe
I used butter instead of margarine

Think Hank Williams Sr. musta ate a lot of that stuff. He sung about it anyway. Sure do look good.

bigwheel

Another recipe
CRAWFISH PIE

4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onion, minced
1/4 cup scallions, minced
1/2 cup celery, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
1-1/2 pounds cooked crawfish tail meat (from 8-10 pounds live crawfish), or processed crawfish tail meat (about 3 cups)
1/2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream or nonfat yogurt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
One 9-inch piecrust, buttered
Heat oven to 350°F and bake the pie crust (lined with parchment paper or foil and pie weights) for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown. Let cool, then increase oven temperature to 375°F.
Boil crawfish in unseasoned water. Save as much of the fat as possible while peeling them.

Melt butter in a large skillet. Sauté onions, scallions, celery, bell pepper, Creole seasoning and salt over medium heat. Stir occasionally until vegetables begin to wilt, about four minutes minutes. Add flour and mix well; cook 1-2 minutes to remove floury starchy taste. Remove from heat and stir in the crawfish and fat. Add garlic, return to the heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the hot sauce, Worcestershire and green onions and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in the cream or yogurt. Remove from heat and add the egg a little bit at a time, being careful not to scramble it, then stir in the bread crumbs.

Pour into a 9 inch piecrust and brush the edge of the dough with a little olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom