Hurricane Butterflys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Yesterday I noticed that Corpus Christi is being invaded with butterflys from the west. It happened when Hurricane Brett came by too.. Amazing how weather can change the environment. We never have many butterflys.. I am seeing 1000's
butter5th5.jpg

butter4sf6.jpg

butter3xi6.jpg

butter2zk3.jpg

butter1dt1.jpg

Very nice pics SS. If I understand you correctly, they came from the west toward the storm? Wonder why they do that.

Great Camara Photografica there Sapo. That musta got blown in from Agua Dulce or Banqutte. Them do not look like any butterflys which I have seen at Alice or Edna. Lot of odd stuff comes from Victoria of course. Maybe thats where they come from. Now is that South or West of you?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Great Camara Photografica there Sapo. That musta got blown in from Agua Dulce or Banqutte. Them do not look like any butterflys which I have seen at Alice or Edna. Lot of odd stuff comes from Victoria of course. Maybe thats where they come from. Now is that South or West of you?

bigwheel
Victoria is Northwest.. The wind was coming from the West allday and it felt like Las Vegas heat...Butterflys are so gracefull.. I hope they are still here on Sunday.. :D

Yeppers...Butterflys are a great way for God to show us what beauty is supposed to look like. Great job mi amigo. Now I could do without them Plum Currillo moths. They lay eggs in soft fruit like peaches and plums then when it gets ripe and you take old big old bite and see a maggot waving his head in the air it be enough to make a grown man puke. I will give you a tip. Before you bite into a ripe home growed Peach or Plum examine it well. If it got whut looks like a smiley face on it toss it to the pigs or dawgs etc. That is a sign the mama moth has been doing her duty and you aint been keeping the trees sprayed. Now they can't live in apples..cuz they too dense. They can lay an egg in there just fiine but the apple personally squishes it and ejects it to go to maggot heaven. Hope I aint telling you a bunch of stuff you already know. Figgered out quite a while back you a purty smart feller:)

bigwheel

You need to stick around bigwheel. Learn something from every post.

Now how do them fellows at the 'Old Farmers Almanac' figure out when the weather is gonna turn south?????

I love that book they put out every year.

Well if you compare whut the Old Farmer Almanac say with reality you will find they wrong just about as much as they are right. Sorta like our old yuppie darling Nostradamus. Now I do agree with em on the basics such as plant root crops by the dark of the moon and row crops by the full moon etc. It sorta like astrology in my book. I dont think they can tell ya whut gonna happen tomorrow..but they can predict your general tendencies. I used to work with a Taurus. He was like a pit bull who liked to stay home and protect his stuff. By contrast I'm an old Saggitarius. Shameless ho....dreamer..long range planner etc. Now I just liked one day being a Scorpio (thats is called being on the cusp). I can be mean and rude purty quick. Warden is a Libra...works on pure emotion and intuition. She can talk with a person about 30 seconds and figger out if they lying or not. She can sell ice boxes to eskimoes and combs to bald headed folks. Nearly all good sales folks is Libras. Learnt this whilst she was selling time share and I was selling camping memberships across the road. Fella I worked with (Libra of course) got brutally honest one day and tole me I couldn't sell *ussy on a troop train. He was right as rain.
He was a little Cowboy from Pep, TX. Used to carry around an aluminum nugget about the size of Walnut..which was the only remnant of his crop dusting airplane which he crashed. Took one too many mad swoops under the high line wires according to him. He always claimed he fly the best when drunk. I aint sure about that..but will testify it works thataway on motor cycles.

bigwheel

Down here if a cold front is coming the cattle get into a small circle and face north.. :D

surfinsapo said:
Down here if a cold front is coming the cattle get into a small circle and face north.. :D

Up in these parts, if the dog licks his ass, gas prices will go up. Recently the dog's tongue has been raw.

Rag said:
surfinsapo said:

Up in these parts, if the dog licks his ass, gas prices will go up. Recently the dog's tongue has been raw.

Good keep riding your hog...

007bond-jb said:
:idea: Butterfly Gumbo :?:
too late now... the cool front blew them all away...I got about 50 pictures.. It sure was a site to see..Is it cooled off in Baton Rouge yet? It feels awesome outside here today!!!! I bet them folks without power from IKE can appreciate some cool weather for a few days.. ;)

Yeah Its cooling off a bit today

I just looked, 4 more videos & they'll total 400 :shock:

Back
Top Bottom