Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Howdy Friends.

I know it's been a while. I'm guilty. Been so busy. Cooked in the Royal and survived ball cancer. (let the jokes begin) "Uniballer" "Mono Ball Mike" "lefty" "Half Sack" etc... By now I've gotten em all. Feel free to add your favorite. I knew I had the cancer on the trip to the Royal so my team mates called it righty's farewell tour. Anyway picked up a new Trailer for comps and been doing a ton of camping too. (V9 we got to get out on a trip soon) Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I should be around a bit more now that things have slowed down a bit. Mike.

img2012121800395.jpg

img2013020100431.jpg

34441624.jpg

75921531.jpg

Hey Tri,
One ball is better than no balls. I have some friends with no balls :D. Nice trailer, you ever hit your head going out the back door? :rolleyes:

Nice looking rig. Sorry about the loss of one of the twins. Sure they give you a nice big old cat eye marble to take its place. I had kin who used one of them for a glass eye one time. They versatile.

Nice looking rig. Sorry about the loss of one of the twins. Sure they give you a nice big old cat eye marble to take its place. I had kin who used one of them for a glass eye one time. They versatile.

I was thinken about one of em steel marbles so I could do tricks with a magnet. I'm married, and done with kids. I quit making adult films last fall so don't care too much what they look like anymore. :butthead:

Very nice looking rig!!! I'm up for a camping trip!!! Did you pick up that fire ring at Sams Club? How do you like it?

Very nice looking rig!!! I'm up for a camping trip!!! Did you pick up that fire ring at Sams Club? How do you like it?

Home depot actually. It's nicer than I thought. I had a 16 gauge steel circle cut 22 in dia. to put in the bottom so I don't burn out the bottom. The instructions recommends sand in the bottom. It lives in the trailer when not in use. Ive been doing quite a bit of dutch oven cooking and I want to fabricate grate to hang from my tripod I can roast corn on the pit grate and cook a roast, chicken or tri tip on the tripod grate above it hanging from the tripod. (see link) I like the pit too cause at alot of dry camp spots there isn't a pit or the pit is in a weird area behind my trailer etc. Also you have your grill/cook set up and when your done you got your fire pit all in one. The best is getting up at dawn with a hot cup of Jo and sitten by the fire while it burns down enough to start breakfast. Just don't get better than that.

http://www.tinkersforge.com/images/campfire-grill-tripod-145or173-500.jpg

Got an old cook chum who used a gizmo like that to preburn his fire wood along with a mix of charcoal to feed his offset pit. He did that religiously for years..then one time he run out of time and just burned the wood raw. Wouldnt ya know..1st brisket. He started just huddling around it with a cup o Jo after that.

Got an old cook chum who used a gizmo like that to preburn his fire wood along with a mix of charcoal to feed his offset pit. He did that religiously for years..then one time he run out of time and just burned the wood raw. Wouldnt ya know..1st brisket. He started just huddling around it with a cup o Jo after that.

:D That's funny. Never know till you try

Now tell us about the trailer. Some of us are wannabe R'vers at heart lol. That looks just about the one I been looking for. I got an official hvy half Toyoter Tundra just wanting to pulling something up to Colarado for the hot months. Give us the scoop. Thanks. Do anybody know any good doctors up there? cough cough.

Now tell us about the trailer. Some of us are wannabe R'vers at heart lol. That looks just about the one I been looking for. I got an official hvy half Toyoter Tundra just wanting to pulling something up to Colarado for the hot months. Give us the scoop. Thanks. Do anybody know any good doctors up there? cough cough.

It’s a Keystone Passport 2910 (yr 2012) it has a 3 foot deep slide on the other side that is about 15 feet of the trailer. The total length is 33 ft. It only weighs 5400 lbs dry, so water supplies bodies in the truck and firewood you'll be about 6500-7000 lbs most, so your tundra should not have any issues. The trailer also has its own breaks so your tow vehicle doesnt do any of the stopping and no wear on your truck breaks. You can get 28 footers at about 4800-5000 lbs. and 24 footers sleep 6 and weigh as low as 3800 lbs. Mine sleeps 9 has a front and rear bedroom. The rear has 4 bunks. Also check out the Passport 2650 too. It's about 29 ft with only two bunks in the rear. Many companies make ultra light trailers do lots of shopping. Mine has heated underbelly for camping in sub freezing temps. Your plumbing wont freeze. (like I need that where I live) I wanted an RV originally but my floor plan in an RV would have been 80K+ also no engine, transmission etc to worry about. The wife sold me on the trailer cause when we take extended trips even short ones we can take off in the truck for breakfast or a trip to the store for more beer. Also when we go away for a week we visit the local attractions in the truck. If you really bored you can check out this 3 minute vid of my model but you have to be really really bored!

Passport 2910 BH LE travel trailer by Keystone RV @ Lerch RV, Milroy PA - YouTube

Good thing you listened to your Wife. We had a Motorhome and it sucked. We didn't tow a tow vehicle so once we got where we were going we were stuck there. If I needed to get it serviced I had to find somebody who could pick me up and drop me off. Insurance and registration is a lot more on a RV too. We like to go to new areas and do a little sight seeing, now we can do that with a trailer.

Guess I stay bored a lot..lol. Thanks for the video. Looks like a great rig. Thinking 28' be about right for us. We started with a tent camper back when the kids were little then snagged a new 28' Nomad. Held together good for a cheapie model. Just didnt get to use it enough was the major drawback. Acquired Fredericka the 20" C MH a 77 model a quite a while back. Still got her and rigged up for a roach coach operation. All it needs is a vending window. But not bothered to try cranking in a few years as in about the time we gave up comp cooking. Makes a great storage facility and man cave lol. There are definite pros and cons twixt TT and MH. Pros come down on the side of the TT in my book. The Tundra is rigged for pulling and say not to go over 9 or 10 k (which as far under max as can be had is best from what I can gather) and no Fivers allowed. Little stubby bed is what causes that I guess. I go over and jack with these nice folks when I get the RV urge. Be careful they seem to all be pedantic wannabe injuneers. j/k they are a bunch of nice folks. Just more advanced and smarter than most of us..lol.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?board=14.0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom