How will you spend the down time...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
"
getphpbb.com - There will be a scheduled maintenance on Saturday 28th October 2006 at around 03:00 AM GMT. Estimated downtime will be around 3 hours.
"

Ill be staring at my puter screen with a bottle of Stoli in one hand and the mouse in the other in anticipation or BBQ-4-u's return...

I'm not so sure you'll be sleeping at 3 am GMT. I found a converter. 03:00 am GMT Saturday is 7 pm Friday evening in my time zone. In which case I'll probably be watching the World Series.

Griff

Griff said:
I'm not so sure you'll be sleeping at 3 am GMT. I found a converter. 03:00 am GMT Saturday is 7 pm Friday evening in my time zone. In which case I'll probably be watching the World Series.

Griff

Griff, 7:00 PM is plenty late and you should be asleep by then!

Hey Griff...you ever heard about the "sour toe" cocktail they used to serve at the Red Dawg Saloon? Seems as though some old prospector had got frostbite on his toes and they had to cut em off...this back in the 1800's I think. Anyway they saved his big toe and put it in a jar of formaldahyde and anybody order the sour toe cocktail..they pull the toe out of the jar and throw it in a shot glass and dump whiskey on it...and you drink the whiskey and leave the toe..then they put the toe back in the jar till somebody order the drink again. Well some idiot accidentally swallowed the toe..so they had to take that drink off the menu. That come out on Paul Harvey several years back. Bound to be true huh?

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
Griff, 7:00 PM is plenty late and you should be asleep by then!

Some Friday nights that would be the case.

BW, you have your facts wrong. Steve's right. It's at the Downtown Hotel, Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Canada. A nicer little town you'll never find.

Griff

CRAW said:
You get the Fox signal up there? Just kidding. Who are most Alskans rooting for?

Pretty close to 50-50, maybe a slight edge to the Tigers since the AL Mariners are the closest team. Assuming there is a game on Saturday, we'll definately be rooting for the Tigers. Charlie, my huntin' and fishin' buddy, is coming over to watch the game. His dad played for the Tigers in the '45 World Series.

Griff

There will be a scheduled maintenance on Saturday 28th October 2006 at around 03:00 AM GMT.

3:00 AM GMT is what time Puff's Time?

Ahhh well shoulda knowed it be the Canadians which be so bold as to offer that kinda special drink eh? Anything North of Amarillo if purty much the Northern Territories in my training. Aint nothing twixt Amarillo and the N. Pole cept for a barbed wire fence. Thats why it stay so cold up there. This deal mighta happened at Lutie..who knows?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Ahhh well shoulda knowed it be the Canadians which be so bold as to offer that kinda special drink eh? Anything North of Amarillo if purty much the Northern Territories in my training. Aint nothing twixt Amarillo and the N. Pole cept for a barbed wire fence. Thats why it stay so cold up there. This deal mighta happened at Lutie..who knows?

bigwheel
Well, there you have it. Texas is still part of Mexico!! And here, the Border Patrol has been try'n to protect your ass when they should have been shootin' it !! :LOL: :LOL:

Griff said:
CRAW said:
You get the Fox signal up there? Just kidding. Who are most Alskans rooting for?

Pretty close to 50-50, maybe a slight edge to the Tigers since the AL Mariners are the closest team. Assuming there is a game on Saturday, we'll definately be rooting for the Tigers. Charlie, my huntin' and fishin' buddy, is coming over to watch the game. His dad played for the Tigers in the '45 World Series.

Griff
What was your buddys Dad's name??

Puff said:
Griff said:
CRAW said:

Griff

His last name was Hostetler. I think his sole claim to fame was that he stumbled, fell and got put out between third and home. The real bummer is that years ago someone stole my friend's dad's World Series ring.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff said:
Griff said:
CRAW said:

Griff

His last name was Hostetler. I think his sole claim to fame was that he stumbled, fell and got put out between third and home. The real bummer is that years ago someone stole my friend's dad's World Series ring.

Griff
I'll have to check that out. Small world huh Griff?
Tell your buddy sorry about his Dad's ring.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom