How to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beer only once a month, maybe less. I sub white wine or Scotch if I feel the need to partake. No soda pop, no candy bars, no desserts and the Mrs stills thinks I pudgy. It is what it is :roll: :LOL:

But pudgy can be such a good thing! :eek: :oops: :)

I will not stop eating anything. I eat what I like to eat.

However I eat in moderation, or measured portion, and in different combinations than I used to. And it's working for me.

I do not eat salad at every meal, I guess because I'm still a person and not a rabbitt, so no worries about requesting a salad for my last meal ;)

I did the counting calories thing some time back and it worked for me..Eat anything you want as long as you stay within your caloric intake limit.. I did 3 days at 1250 cal and on the fourth day did 1550. After about a week, I sometimes had to eat something just to make up my calories for a day.. Still ate Fritos, but only one "serving" instead of the whole bag. On days I new I was going to have a few beers, I ate a lot of really low stuff during the day and saved my calories for beer..! LaBatts Blue Light = 100 cal per !

Join "Weight Watchers". It will teach you what to eat in order to loose weight. It is actually just a systematic way to count calories, fat and fiber which is what most experts (including Greg) agree is the best way to loose unwanted pounds. I lost 35 lbs.

I just heard a doctor on NPR,who has just completed a study on weight loss and dieting, and what the study showed was that exercise had little impact on the initial weight loss but was very helpful in keeping the weight off.

Al

Check out www.sparkpeople.com. It's completely free and teaches you a new healthy lifestyle where you can eat what you want in moderation. I've been doing it since Jan. 9th, 21 lbs down now and I have tons more energy and feel better than I have in years. They have easy to use nutrition trackers and even a recipe calculator so you can put in your own creations. It's easy to add foods that aren't in their list yet, too. There's also an exercise tracker and you have the option of using their pre-made eating or exercise plans or going off on your own. I am too creative in the kitchen to follow anyone's set menu so do my own thing. I stay between 1200-1550 calories per day.

Well speaking of eating and maybe drinking since it related and I hate to highjack threads... I just got the cheerful news my Triglycerides is off the chart at 570. Which I think would prob make it in the Guiness Stout Book of trivial facts. I think it the Blue Bell Ice Cream and chocolate syrup with chocolate chip cookies I eat each night right afore bed time..but the warden has convinced herself it too much beer and whiskey. Sitting here drinking ice water as we speak.. :cry:

bigwheel

ps..Guess I will have to start taking my own advice. I am a badly backslidden raw vegan ya know? That is what the Lord intended for us to eat. Check out what He told Adam and Eve to eat in the Garden. Raw fruits veggies and nuts. We are browsers like deer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom