How much chickin's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I need enough to feed 20 kids at a homeless shelter with pulled chickin'. How many birds should I buy to be in the safe zone? Thanks in advance. db

I'm not sure I was goin' to "assume" 15 to 20 yrs? I don't have a clue tho. I'm not sure she does either. I'm cookin' for someone else who is in charge and I need to get her a figure. Gonna cook n' pull it for free or for very cheap because of the cause.

3 cases (12 head) of 3lb birds should do it.
Is there any way you could change her mind as far as pulled chicken? Pain in the butt man. Did a festival over the weekend and served it. Pulling chicken sucks! (This is what my sous chef said)
Good cause tho' and good luck. ;)

Puff said:
Is there any way you could change her mind as far as pulled chicken? Pain in the butt man. Did a festival over the weekend and served it. Pulling chicken sucks! (This is what my sous chef said)

Ya, that aint no lie. Pullin' chickins does suck (no jokes please ha!). I use to have to pull 2 cases at a time and that was bs. haha!

Not sure if there is an alternative with her. Her email specified "pulled". :?:

dollarbill said:
Puff said:

Ya, that aint no lie. Pullin' chickins does suck (no jokes please ha!). I use to have to pull 2 cases at a time and that was bs. haha!

You smoking said chix? Get some boneless thighs and breasts. Might be cheaper and less work. Pull those. Put them in pans with a little chicken stock and reheat. :idea:

Somebody offer to feed me chicken best have at least a half one. Hot dawgs and brats be the way to fly. Pulled chicken just sounds nasty. Ranks right up there with Snake Farm..Smothered in underwear etc.

Puff said:
dollarbill said:
Puff said:

You smoking said chix? Get some boneless thighs and breasts. Might be cheaper and less work. Pull those. Put them in pans with a little chicken stock and reheat. :idea:

Great idea! Most likely take that route! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom