How much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been tasked to cook for 160 people for a fund raiser for my work. They're giving me all the money I need to buy what I need, that parts covered and I'm cooking on my own time. Anyways, here's what I'm suggesting they charge to cover their cost and for them to make money. What do you think?

BBQ Platter -$8.00 (4oz Pulled Pork Sandwich, slaw, beans and can soda)

BBQ Sandwich w/slaw - $6.00

My rough estimate on how much it will cost to buy everything is approximately $300 and if we sell 50/50 platters/sandwiches that should make a gross of $1,120 and net profit of $820.00.

Fund Raiser? Raise some funds. People know their money is going to the cause and pay.

$10.95 for the platter
$7.00 for the sammy alone

Bravo

Mike Hedrick said:
Fund Raiser? Raise some funds. People know their money is going to the cause and pay.

$10.95 for the platter
$7.00 for the sammy alone

Bravo

How can I justify $3.95 for a scoop of beans and a can of soda?

Make them buy the whole platter or add a bag of chips. I say sides price at about $1.49 each and you have Beans, Slaw and a Soda which is $1 all on it's own

It's charity make the thing $15 even and raise some money. Heck $20 a plate if it's a good cause.

You'll make the right call.
peace

Here's how I came up with my estimated cost for 160 servings. Keep in mind I'm getting what I ask for upfront, plus will be reimbursed for any cost overruns. So this isn't important to be exact at this time.

1 Case Boston Butts @ $1.29lb = $83.85 (approximately 65lbs raw meat should yield approx. 40lbs of finished meat @ 4oz serving should total 160 servings)
2 Bags of Lump Charcoal @ 9.89ea. = $19.78
Cole Slaw Fixin's @ 160 servings - $30 estimate(cabbage, carrots and dressing)
BBQ Beans Fixins @ 160 servings - $40 estimate (beans, sausage, peppers and onions)
Buns @160 servings - $25 estimate
Sauce ingredients - $20
Aluminum serving/chaffing pans and foil - $35
Plates/Silverware/Napkins/Etc. - $50

Total = $303.63

Larry, I just got a case of B/I butts for $1.01 lb from Sams. 63# for $62.72 for the case. Let me know and I will pick some up for you.

Larry,
I did as well get a case of bone in butts from Sam's here for 97 cents a pound. They were about 8lbs each, real nice too. Check your sam's club

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Larry, I just got a case of B/I butts for $1.01 lb from Sams. 63# for $62.72 for the case. Let me know and I will pick some up for you.

Okay Bill, thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom