How many times a week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaleP said:
Well Puff the grill itself was like $120 and the firebox was $55, at Lowes. Kroger was cheaper, and lowes matches competition 10% less also.
#-o Wish I would have known that :eek:

We cook outside at least 3 time a week in the summer. More if I’m not working the weekend. When I’m on vacation we only cook outside. We are also good to go in the winter probably 2 times a week.

I just purchased a Chargriller last week. It was on sale for $88 at Lowes. I work their but that was an advertised price. The firebox was not included in that price.

Cliff H. said:
I just purchased a Chargriller last week. It was on sale for $88 at Lowes. I work their but that was an advertised price. The firebox was not included in that price.
:eek: #-o #-o

Cliff H. said:
How many times per week do you guys fire up some charcoal? I do believe some of you guys don't own an oven. I grill or smoke something about twice a week at present. I just purchased a chargriller so we shall see if I can get that count up a bit.

Well at average I grill out 3 to 4 times a week. The only thing that stops me for now is rain , but that is gonna change going to build a cook houe for myself in the back yard big enough to accomodate my gas grill , 55 gallon drum smoker , and turkey frier with room for tables, chairs, firewood and of course a frig for food storage and a spot for all my tools. Once thats done I wil pick up the pace .

WalterSC said:
Cliff H. said:
How many times per week do you guys fire up some charcoal? I do believe some of you guys don't own an oven. I grill or smoke something about twice a week at present. I just purchased a chargriller so we shall see if I can get that count up a bit.

Well at average I grill out 3 to 4 times a week. The only thing that stops me for now is rain , but that is gonna change going to build a cook houe for myself in the back yard big enough to accomodate my gas grill , 55 gallon drum smoker , and turkey frier with room for tables, chairs, firewood and of course a frig for food storage and a spot for all my tools. Once thats done I wil pick up the pace .

Do you have pictures of this? I've never seen one. #-o

Do you have pictures of this? I've never seen one. #-o[/quote]

Well Pufff has been kind enough to help me post pics of some things I have done , do I take pics of everything I do on the grill no I dont, sometimes I just come home the wife has it all laid out , I go out use the gas grill , fix it and come in .

Green Hornet said:
Puff said:
I'd like to hear from Griff in the great white north 8-[
He can't come to the computer right now he is enjoying both days of Spring. :!:
Texlaw exited this board in the same way. Said he were going on vacation and never returned (to the board). Both are Lawyers too... 8-[ I wish the best for Griff.

The Joker said:
[quote="Green Hornet":2c9vf6up]
Puff said:
Texlaw exited this board in the same way. Said he were going on vacation and never returned (to the board). Both are Lawyers too... 8-[ I wish the best for Griff.[/quote:2c9vf6up]
I wonder if they exited 24 times?

Puff said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Green Hornet":14xq1n1v]
Puff said:
Texlaw exited this board in the same way. Said he were going on vacation and never returned (to the board). Both are Lawyers too... 8-[ I wish the best for Griff.
I wonder if they exited 24 times?[/quote:14xq1n1v]

:pop: :pop: :pop:

Puff said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Green Hornet":13zimhp9]
Puff said:
I wonder if they exited 24 times?[/quote:13zimhp9]
brick2ao.gif

Hey. I've just been on vacation-- a raod trip over to the Yukon Territory. We rolled back home late last night. I was fishin at a remote lake (float plane access only) in the Yukon with no electricity or internet access. Then we went to Dawson City, Yukon and between the dance hall girls and gambling didn't have time to run down internet access. I'll post the grizzley bear story later when I get things caught up here at home.

Griff

Captain Morgan said:
Bull sh!t, you'll post the bear story right now!!!! Let's hear it!!

My wife and I have been using this same outfitter in the Yukon for 12 years. He takes off with his float plane from Whitehorse and drops us off at a lake with a cabin and boats/motors and then picks us up a week later. Each lake has only one cabin.

This year he explained that a grizzly bear had broken into 4 of his 8 cabins and besides breaking out the windows it had thrashed the propane refrigerator in the 4 cabins. Each frig costs $1500. Knowing that I always brought a rifle, he said "If the bear comes while you're here, kill it." My response was "What do you want me to do with the carcass?"

We didn't see the bear for the first 6 days. On the morning of the last day there was a fresh pile of bear crap 6 feet from the front door of the cabin but no bear to be seen. The plane that came in to pick us up brought in 2 guys from California. We were all down on the dock dealing with loading with loading and unloading the float plane. We got their gear unloaded and most of mine put into the plane when someone said "There's a bear at the cabin!" I looked up to see a bear stand up and rip the screen off one of the windows. We hollered at the bear and by the time I got my rifle out and loaded it had split into the woods. I asked the 2 guys from California if they brought a firearm to which they both sadly shook their heads "no". Having missed the opportunity to kill the bear, there was nothing further to do but load up the plane and fly out. I'll never forget the look on the faces of the 2 guys. I haven't heard back from the outfitter as to whether they stayed or had him fly them back to Whitehorse. Bet they didn't sleep soundly. Wish the bear would have showed up at another time when I could have solved the outfitter's problem. He would have been forever grateful.

Griff

Great story Griff, sounds like you had a awesome trip :!:
Up where you live i'm sure it's normal for a trip like that!
For us Southerner's it more like a dream :(

Puff said:
Puff if you lived any further north you'd be in Canada. :loony:

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Compared to Griff......we're all Southerner's :!:

Puff said:
wittdog said:
Puff said:
Compared to Griff......we're all Southerner's :!:
You better watch that some of these Southern Boys are still fighting the war of Norhern Agression. :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom