Houston Police Officer Line Of Duty Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, my hart goes out to his family and the force. Makes my decision to get out of LE a little stronger.

We had a Cleveland officer shot 2 weeks ago serving a warrant. Perp waited till he came to the door and shot through it with his gun...he never saw it coming! :cry: His partner caught one in the neck but survived. :shock:

HFD26 said:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4586349

Well what do we expect a officer shoots a suspect he goes thru hell , a suspect shoots a law enforcement officer and he doesnt even get charged , time was you shot a cop and you got it right back. Our justice system is more interested in helping the crook instead of helping those that protect us.

Truly a sad day in Houston. Thankfully it never happenend in my department, however, two neighboring departments had this happen and I can tell you it is the single worst incident your department and city can go through.

It drives home to other officers on the street how careful you have to be and to remember to make a good search before placing anyone in your car, handcuffed or not.

Very bad old deal. Prayers headed upwards for them who was impacted by this tragic event. Thanks for the info.

bigwheel

http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/memorial.htm

One Utica Police Officer's name is on the memorial. Utica Town Marshall Andrew Bastendorf, End of Duty June 15, 1929. Marshall Bastendorf was shot and killed when he interupted a burglary at the local menswear store.

He was 62 at the time of his death and his killer(s) were never caught.

Plug this name into Google sometime. That be my old cuz Edwin Wheeler. Got himself kilt by Bonnie and Clyde over close to Grapevine, Tx one fine day. His name be on the plaque at Austin DPS headquarters along with quite a few others I knew mo betta than him.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom