Hot South Texas Greek Pizza Day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
The first pizza in the video is a Greek Pizza. It consists of Crust, Olive oil with garlic and DIV's secret Eyetalian spices... Good stuff Div. Thanks bro. Then I added Italian sausage, maters,feta cheese, veggies( purple onion,green bell pepper,Greek Olives & Peppers), topped off with Provolone Cheese. The second Pizza was my wife's and it had; Crust, whole canned baby maters crushed and splashed all over the place, Italian sausage, Mozzarella Cheese. It was fun to make and even funner if that's a word to eat. I was bummed out yesterday because my cousin passed away from liver failure in Lodi California. Pizzas made me happy again!!

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jI8gBCRNA_A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jI8gBCRNA_A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

SANY0029.JPG

SANY0032.JPG

SANY0036.JPG

SANY0038.JPG

SANY0041.JPG

SANY0044.JPG

SANY0045.JPG

Excellent!

Do you know what temp you had your Kamado at?

My brother has one like that but it has big tiles all over it. I think it's the number 7 or something like that.

I just got a Big Green Egg and I can't wait to try making pizzas.

It's being assembled tomorrow.

Your Greek pizza looks yummy. Now I'm thinking about an Argentine pizza.... chimmichurri and steak!

You give me hope!

mar52 said:
Excellent!

Do you know what temp you had your Kamado at?

My brother has one like that but it has big tiles all over it. I think it's the number 7 or something like that.

I just got a Big Green Egg and I can't wait to try making pizzas.

It's being assembled tomorrow.

Your Greek pizza looks yummy. Now I'm thinking about an Argentine pizza.... chimmichurri and steak!

You give me hope!

Mar, I believe it was 500 degrees. I let it warm up for about an hour. Just be very careful opening it at that high of a temp. You can have back draft.. Open very slow at first. Good Luck.

The pizza's look great SS. That sausage pizza is calling out to me for some reason.

Sorry to hear about your cousin SS. I had a cousin of mine die young several years ago from liver disease as well.

Sapo, Sapo, Sapo.... agori mou...

No, you just can't put Italian sausage on a pizza and call it Greek!!!!!! Or is it putting Greek stuff on an Italian thing????? :)

If you have a Trader Joe's in the area, try the TJ brand feta in a box with the brine. I think it's about $5.50 give or take.

Sorry for the loss of your cousin Sapo. I haven't been here at BBQ Central very long, but I always check out your posts. Your cooks are inspirational!

8)

surfinsapo said:
Just be very careful opening it at that high of a temp. You can have back draft.. Open very slow at first. Good Luck.

Yep, I've had the same experience with my BGE. The hair on your arm will grow back.

Dude you need to try some FRESH mozzarella and FRESH basil on a pie… add some fresh mater Italian sauce. Less is more on this pie; we make some good sauce that sells good… I’ll add that in the next care package for ya’.

Nice job on the pies...might look into myself getting one of those kamodos next year or a BGE but I like the different styles of komodoes u can get

Thx for the shout out on my spices, have you tried the steak shake or the sauce yet ?

Also you should listen to last tuesdays radio show, I was on it ...pay close attention to the last three minutes.

Div said:
Thx for the shout out on my spices, have you tried the steak shake or the sauce yet ?

I haven't tried any of the other stuff out yet DIV.. The Eyetalian smoke was good....

12140065756iBZv4.jpg

Both pizzas looked fantastic but I would go straight for the greek pizza faster then you could say Sapolopalous.

Sorry about you loss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom