Hot Dogs Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Did some dogs wrapped in bacon, on a slightly toasted bun with mustard, onions, and home made hot dog sauce. They were great.

Chuck_050382 said:
[quote="john pen":cq9mviy6]I love hot dogs...hot, cold, grilled, fried, raw..dosent matter !!!

is a hot dog ever raw when we have them in our possession? I thought they were pre-cooked, like lunch meat or bologna.[/quote:cq9mviy6]

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Here ya go. Got this from guy on another forum. It's not a chili but a knock off on a greek hot dog sauce, very good. I've cut back on the water and added a couple more hot dogs, play with it to your taste.

HOT DOG SAUCE

6 cups water
10 oz ground hotdogs (I prefer all beef)
1/2 cup cornstarch (dissolved in a little cold water)
1 tbl paprika
1 tbl chili powder
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp sea or kosher salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
a few grinds of fresh black pepper

Bring everything to a boil, except the cornstarch.

Let simmer for 30 minutes, and then slowly add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a slow boil stirring occasionally to cook down until it looks "Right". ;)

Taste along the way, adjusting the salt or pepper as you like it.
Serve on your favorite hotdog, with brown mustard, diced onion, in a steamed hotdog bun. This sauce will be thin, it is supposed to be, it is not a "chili dog" recipe. The sauce will thicken as it cools. It freezes well. After freezing & thawing it will be considerably thicker, do not thin it.

Chuck_050382 said:
[quote="john pen":2sr2cpzv]I love hot dogs...hot, cold, grilled, fried, raw..dosent matter !!!

is a hot dog ever raw when we have them in our possession? I thought they were pre-cooked, like lunch meat or bologna.[/quote:2sr2cpzv]

Well, technically no, but they should always be heated through thoroughly. They often are the source of Lysteria.

I like to smoke them! Whenever I do a cook with kids present, I buy the large Best Kosher Franks at GFS. I smoke them until heated through and watch the FLY away! Alot of times the adults grab them so fast that the kids don't get any!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom