Holy Shark! A WSM for 145!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Thom Emery":1y73i7z3]Rocky at Big Drum Smokers is blowing out the last of the old style
BDS at $175. I have one really enjoy it. I also have 2 WSMs they are great. But the direct Fire Flavor is somethin special.

Thom, you can remove the water pan from the WSM and get the same direct fire taste you're referring to.[/quote:1y73i7z3]

#-o That's what I do.

wittdog said:
My wife just ordered me one, and that’s after I just got Buford a month ago………….God I love that women. The price is $145 but you have to pay for shipping. It still comes out to under $200

Must be a Western NY thing..my wife bought me mine for my B-day..

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Thom Emery":1vqu9rub]Rocky at Big Drum Smokers is blowing out the last of the old style
BDS at $175. I have one really enjoy it. I also have 2 WSMs they are great. But the direct Fire Flavor is somethin special.

Thom, you can remove the water pan from the WSM and get the same direct fire taste you're referring to.[/quote:1vqu9rub]

Yes there have been threads on the KCBS Board about that very idea
A lil tricky because the fire is so close to the meat so TOP Shelf only
Its worth trying with Beef .The BDS has alot more space between the heat and the meat

Well I just go a conformation that my WSM shipped yesterday. I can’t wait for it to come in. My guess is it will be here by Friday. [-o< I hope. One more toy the figure out how to use. My back yard is starting to look like Smoker U. :grin:

Mine just came in today. God bless the UPS guy. I wasn't home when he came and he stuck it in the garage. I saw the sticky on the door and thought Oh $h*t, I missed him. But it was in the garage. Quick question do I have to season it at all before I ccok on it? I'll let you know how it assembles.

You don't have to season it because of the porcelain coating. Just wash the oil off the cooking grates before using them. You can either wash the inside off with soap and water or do a burn off with some charcoal and a few chunks of wood. Its all just to get the manufacturing oils and dirt off.

My son helped put it together. It's a good day here is a pic of it and my helper. Looks like no sleep and some chicken for dinner....

Looks great! Now, take LOTS of pics before you cook on it because it'll NEVER be that clean again! :grin:

To Late.....Chicken is on and I think I cut off the vents to qucik, temp is 203* time to make an adjustment.

I opened them a notch, and I'm at a nice steady 255* dome temp, I was looking for 250* but i'll take it. So far so good. Well see at around 6.

Pigs is kidding. He knows. Everyone who buys a wsm for the first time frets over every little change in temps. 5 degrees won't hurt anyone.
Just monitor the trends until you have a feel for it. And get a Maverick!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom