Holy cow! I've been suspended from TVWBB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
He actually suspended you or asked you to slow down on the posting? Man, even I didn't get suspended. I think I came real close at one time though! Did he send you any warning or anything?? I'm sorry Susan but that's funny as hell.

there must have been a mistake Susan, but Chris did post this last week:
Just a gentle reminder to members...I'm beginning to notice more off-topic conversation creeping back into message threads, plus lots of "me, too", "looks good" replies that take up space without adding any value, plus some personal back-and-forth messages between members that are better taken off-line.

Remember, the goal here is to ask and answer questions, not to chat.

Thanks for your help,
Chris
still, I can't imagine him banning the Grill Queen without some dialogue ...

at any rate, please don't p!ss Greg off too or I won't get to read your posts anymore ... :grin:

Well---

I got a very polite email asking me to post less frequently. His concern, as he stated, was that it can seem to other members that someone (me, I guess) is 'dominating the conversation'. Okay, I can (kind of) get that. What I didn't quite get was that he looked at the number of posts I'd made in the last month, multiplied that rate out to come up with a total for the next year and then seemed to have an issue with that because that total would be more than anyone else's; more than his since the time he started the board, and other long-time members.

I could not care less what my total is. I found the extrapolation forward strange; kind of like guilty till proven innocent. In another paragraph he notes that he reviewed my posts but felt conflicted in asking me to post less because nearly all my posts "[add] value to the threads you're replying to."

Dunno. It made me feel kind of strange. I have not posted since (and I've had some great cooks in the past few days!!). Now I'm conflicted.

Again, he was very polite, and I'm thankful for that.

K Kruger said:
Well---

I got a very polite email asking me to post less frequently. His concern, as he stated, was that it can seem to other members that someone (me, I guess) is 'dominating the conversation'. Okay, I can (kind of) get that. What I didn't quite get was that he looked at the number of posts I'd made in the last month, multiplied that rate out to come up with a total for the next year and then seemed to have an issue with that because that total would be more than anyone else's; more than his since the time he started the board, and other long-time members.

I could not care less what my total is. I found the extrapolation forward strange; kind of like guilty till proven innocent. In another paragraph he notes that he reviewed my posts but felt conflicted in asking me to post less because nearly all my posts "[add] value to the threads you're replying to."

Dunno. It made me feel kind of strange. I have not posted since (and I've had some great cooks in the past few days!!). Now I'm conflicted.

Again, he was very polite, and I'm thankful for that.

Kevin,

WOW, I'm stunned he had the nerve to ask you to cut back. I love your posts, they're probably the most informative. I especially like your posts on the business side of things.

Kevin,

WOW, I'm stunned he had the nerve to ask you to cut back. I love your posts, they're probably the most informative. I especially like your posts on the business side of things.

Thanks, blade. 'Stunned' is apt. My intent has always been to be as informative and helpful as I can. I don't think I've ever fashioned myself as some sort of food 'god'; I just have a lot of experience in and out of the business and am happy to share it. I'm careful to say what is my opinion, and though I don't have a problem with the 'me, toos' and 'looks goods' I know that he does and I refrain from that.

It all feels weird to me.

Jane--

If I can get andouille from a few sources I will--that'll give you some taste-testing to play with. There are a several producers I like. I'll see what I can grab. They all tend to run about $5/lb.

I'll know better on Fri night or Sat when I'll be through. I'm thinking Sun morning--I hope--need to be in L.A. Sun night. Then San Diego, I think, Mon late morning, to Cinci for Fri morning. If that holds I'll be running through Colo or through Flagstaff so wouldn't be back through Tucson.

I need a stuffer myself. Can't find mine anywhere. I've been making bulk instead but that gets old.

Hey now don't start bring the TVWB "click" over here! We've already got enough people who like each other!

Kevin, brother, you post here as much as you freaking desire too. You rock.

You know just after I started posting here, Chris called me out in public
for saying some guy was full of crap. No private message, just deleted me and posted a message for everyone to see telling me not to do that.
Fortunately, I'm not real thin skinned, so it didn't really bother me, but it bothered some other people!

We had a couple of minor scrapes before that, but no big deal.

I still go there, I just think this place is more fun, and answers come quicker here. No doubt that place is an excellent source of information, and we often direct newbies straight over there.

But I have to say, I don't really get the "no conversations on the message board" idea!!!!!!! :eek:

WOW...well, while I do have rules, I'm not about to ask someone to not post as often as they wish.

Of course, I don't pay for this site to run so the $0.03 he says he pays per post could add up I guess. But at what cost to other users...post early and often here...just stay within the few rules and it's all good.

I love to benefit from the competiton mess-ups...I'm sure Crazaboutque will benefit from this too! #-o

Jane, good to see ya again!! :grin: :D :D :(

Hey, there's some guy named Dave Hutson asking about you over there! :!:

Wow, Susan and Jane back and posting simultaneously.........my day is full! Woodman

Susan Z said:
I've never in my life had a smoked kielbasa. Seen 'em, but not tried 'em. Being a nice Polish grrl, we always just ate the big gray ones that you boil. (Sounds gross, but they're great!).

I think next time I make a batch, tho, I might sneak one away to smoke. (Out back, behind the woodshed.)

I buy the local grocery's link kielbasa and smoke it quite frequently. I then enjoy it on a flour tortilla with a slathering of Texas Pepper Jelly. It is sublime! Woodrow

Suzan, Chris just posted this over there.....

Chris Allingham
Picture of Chris Allingham

Posted June 15, 2005 05:19 PM
David,

Please tell Susan to check her e-mail. Apparently she's quite busy and has not read my message to her.

Thanks for your concern,
Chris
:( :( :( :(

Hehheeeeeeee

Back
Top Bottom