Hmmmm...Just Wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Yeah I think you should shoot him.

First, the gas cooker wouldn't cook without the wood, so I'd rule it ineligible.

Second, teams should not be allowed to share sites or cookers. He may have skirted the rules a bit there, but
THIS IS BARBECUE! IT'S THE INTENT OF THE RULES, NOT THE LETTER OF THE LAW!

He's cheating. And that disappoints me greatly. All the bbq I've met since I started this obsession have been salt of the earth type people.

The other thing with me is, I would take no pride in cheating, and pride and learning and fun is why I compete. My former BBQ-4-U teammates will vouch for this. I went back to having my own team so I can win or lose on my techniques and abilities. That's just the way I want it. If I was to find out that all my hard work and blood sweat and tears came in second to someone who cheated, I would be as dangerous as Chuck Norris in a Muslim drug dealer convention.

That said....the key word in both instances is "non-sanctioned".
I just wish more contest organizers would take the rules a little more
seriously.

He's cheating in both cases. Where are the organizers of the event while all this is going on? It sounds as if he were very blatant at what he was doing, so it shouldn't have been hard to notice. I don't understand what people get out of doing stuff like that? Why don't people care about their integrity and reputation anymore???

Imagine this guy pulling up in the driveway after "winning" and his kids running up to him saying "daddy, daddy you won, I'm so proud of you"??? How could this jerk look into his kids eyes and say yeah daddy won. Like Jim said, shoot the guy!!

JT, first I waould say, "Stop calling yourself Cyclone on the SCBA site". LOL (inside joke)

Both instances are cheating. They should have been reported BEFORE the results were announced, and while it was happening.

Santioned or non-santioned shouldn't have anything to do with it, it was cheating.

Just like if you're at a whole hog event and turn in shoulder meat that was not from the hog the event supplied.
:rant:
I'm done now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom