Hey you Carolina guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Wife & I are looking at possible places to live. I want away from snow, the Mrs wants a small town in the mountains somewhere within driving distance to a big city. Just got a copy of the 2007 guide to the S.E. Mountains....They say you get snow! Say it ain't true. :D

I hear South America stays pretty warm.
5.gif

5.gif

Helen_Paradise said:
I'm thinking you should move to California:
Temecula
San Luis Obispo
Ojai
Moorpark

I was stationed in the granolabowl in the late 70s. Have a Sis who lives there now. There's a reason it's called the left coast ;) But thanks for you suggestion. Did a summer camp at San Lois, nice scenery.

Just read this article on the Blue Ridge Pig Q joint in Nellysford, VA. Not sure where that is at. Owned by a guy named Stawberry Goodwin, who looks like biker without the bike. Anyhow, it's a take out joint but has a 4 Star rating and serves "sophisiticated smoked meats...". I could say that Finney recommended me (as to not live in Lexington) and maybe I could get a job there mopping floors.

Well I dont usually give out this info cept to close pals..but you need to move to Alpine, TX. Best all around weather in the US of A. Dont get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Property values real reasonable. You will need to buy some cowboy clothes. If you a married man you can look at the cute cow girls in the tight Wranglers but you musn't touch. That be sinful ya know?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I dont usually give out this info cept to close pals..but you need to move to Alpine, TX. Best all around weather in the US of A. Dont get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Property values real reasonable. You will need to buy some cowboy clothes. If you a married man you can look at the cute cow girls in the tight Wranglers but you musn't touch. That be sinful ya know?

bigwheel

Mrs says Alpine is too far south. She even pulled out her map. Other suggestions? Cowboy clothes would give her a reason to go shopping, but horses cost too much to maintain and should it go lame I'd have to sell it some Asian Rim Importer ;)

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Now thats some sound advise!

Well you dont need no steenken horse. You need a pickup with a bale of hay and a few fence posts in the back. Now the horsey bizness is very lucrative. Used to have an old pal down in Wise County (that the one who looked just like Bum Phillips) who answered all the newspaper ad's for yups who bought ponies for the kids at the ranchettes up around Foat Wuth then decide they too much trouble. He give em a long sad spiel about how he needed a pony for his grandkids but he purty broke but give it a good home..blah blah blah. Got em for pennies on the dollar. Then he load em up in his horse trailer and take em to his pen and when he get a full load he call the packing plant which specialized in selling horse meat to the frog eating frenchies. Dang..he made a lot of money on that deal. Dont think his hosses ever made it to the Pacific Rim.

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Mrs says Alpine is too far south. She even pulled out her map. Other suggestions? Cowboy clothes would give her a reason to go shopping, but horses cost too much to maintain and should it go lame I'd have to sell it some Asian Rim Importer ;)

All you North Carolinian's can sleep well tonight as we've ruled you out due to snow:shock: :LOL: 8) But South Carolina, Tejas, New Mexico, Arizona and Georgia remain in the mix. :D California, well thanks but no thanks. 8) Nevada, don't think so as there is no arrangement for honoring real estate licenses with Colorado.

If we end up in Texas....well I hope crow smokes well cause I'll be eating alot of it :LOL:

Griff said:
Jeez Dats, one tough winter with a little extra snow gonna send you running to a southern clime?

Griff

It's been the plan in pencil for a year or so, this year the plan is going in ink. :D

The only thing I don't miss about Texas is the fire ants and the wood roaches.

I Played golf in Alpine Tx. one time. There were Jack Rabbits running around on the course. Man, those things look like kangaroos. :shock:

Dats, what are you rolling the dice for your decision? 6:15 looking at NC, 9:55 forget about it. :shock: Maybe thats how you got stuck where you are in the first place! :LOL: Just thinking out loud here. :roll:

Nick Prochilo said:
Dats, what are you rolling the dice for your decision? 6:15 looking at NC, 9:55 forget about it. :shock: Maybe thats how you got stuck where you are in the first place! :LOL: Just thinking out loud here. :roll:

Nick, by 9:55 it was confirmed that NC is a frozen, snow covered place in the winter. Already got that here :LOL:

DATsBBQ said:
Nick, by 9:55 it was confirmed that NC is a frozen, snow covered place in the winter. Already got that here :LOL:

Yes, it's true. I'm probably going to have to shovel several inches of 72-degree weather off the deck so I can cook on Sunday. [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

Larry D. said:
DATsBBQ said:

Yes, it's true. I'm probably going to have to shovel several inches of 72-degree weather off the deck so I can cook on Sunday. [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

Well then I'm just to have to reconsider :D

Back
Top Bottom