Hey speedtrap.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
Did you ever get a cooker for your show? How is it going with klosetbbqer?

I agree that's a legitimate question

I have tried several times on your website to see anything about viewing your show, but it shows no times it will "air"...or even when it may ever "air" in the future.

I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]
Did you send him your collection of pop up timers as well? :D

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:

No, I'm sending them to you. Next time you're not feeling well use them in place of your usual rectal thermometer! Careful when pulling them out, they have barbs on them! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":4zrnleev]I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

No, I'm sending them to you. Next time you're not feeling well use them in place of your usual rectal thermometer! Careful when pulling them out, they have barbs on them! :shock:[/quote:4zrnleev]
You have me confused with BTGG.... :D

Larry Wolfe said:

Seems like webers manual says something about making sure all the coals are ashed over before you begin cooking also. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":d58l1088]I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Seems like webers manual says something about making sure all the coals are ashed over before you begin cooking also. :LOL:[/quote:d58l1088]

My point exactly about the manual!! Great point Cliff!! [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Enjoy reading it Brian!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2ooraozh][quote="Cliff H.":2ooraozh][quote="Larry Wolfe":2ooraozh]I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Seems like webers manual says something about making sure all the coals are ashed over before you begin cooking also. :LOL:[/quote:2ooraozh]

Enjoy reading it Brian!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:2ooraozh]
what's you're point? every time i cook a chicken, turkey, or anything else i'm cooking indirect (aka barbecuing) i let the coals ash over. there's no reason to smoke things w/out a lot of connective tissue and smoking fowl cause rubbery skin. don't you guys know ANYTHING? :P ;)[/quote:2ooraozh]

Now that's just not right! Larry has smoked scottys nuts and they don't have connective tissue hat I know of! :shock:

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":lt2c7o6g][quote="Cliff H.":lt2c7o6g][quote="Larry Wolfe":lt2c7o6g]I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Seems like webers manual says something about making sure all the coals are ashed over before you begin cooking also. :LOL:[/quote:lt2c7o6g]

Enjoy reading it Brian!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:lt2c7o6g]
what's you're point? every time i cook a chicken, turkey, or anything else i'm cooking indirect (aka barbecuing) i let the coals ash over. there's no reason to smoke things w/out a lot of connective tissue and smoking fowl cause rubbery skin. don't you guys know ANYTHING? :P ;)[/quote:lt2c7o6g]

That's my point! Everytime "you" cook chicken, turkey or anything else indirect (aka barbecuing) "you" let the coals ash over. there's no reason to smoke things w/out a lot of connective tissue and smoking fowl cause rubbery skin.

I happen to cook my turkeys ala the Morgan Method "MM"! And I do them low and slow. I also do my pulled chicken using the "MM". I don't do it to break down any tissue or render fat, I do it because that's the way I like to do it and I think the finished product is superior in looks and taste to any turkey that I've cooked at a higher temperature. Yes, the skin is rubbery and not edible, but I'll sacrifice the skin for the finished meat I get any day!

So when you say there's no reason to smoke fowl, that's your opinion. My opinion is there is every reason as far a flavor is concerned to smoke poultry low and slow! With the exception of chicken wangs or RSC done on the WSM. Opinion are like Puffs, everyone has one whether they like it or not!! [smilie=a_holycrap.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":4yat2eyb][quote="Larry Wolfe":4yat2eyb][quote="Cliff H.":4yat2eyb][quote="Larry Wolfe":4yat2eyb]I gave him all of my WSM's, seems per Webers manual I have been operating them wrong and keeping the top vent open! So I figured I'd send them to someone that knew what they were doing! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Seems like webers manual says something about making sure all the coals are ashed over before you begin cooking also. :LOL:[/quote:4yat2eyb]

Enjoy reading it Brian!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:4yat2eyb]
what's you're point? every time i cook a chicken, turkey, or anything else i'm cooking indirect (aka barbecuing) i let the coals ash over. there's no reason to smoke things w/out a lot of connective tissue and smoking fowl cause rubbery skin. don't you guys know ANYTHING? :P ;)[/quote:4yat2eyb]

That's my point! Everytime "you" cook chicken, turkey or anything else indirect (aka barbecuing) "you" let the coals ash over. there's no reason to smoke things w/out a lot of connective tissue and smoking fowl cause rubbery skin.

I happen to cook my turkeys ala the Morgan Method "MM"! And I do them low and slow. I also do my pulled chicken using the "MM". I don't do it to break down any tissue or render fat, I do it because that's the way I like to do it and I think the finished product is superior in looks and taste to any turkey that I've cooked at a higher temperature. Yes, the skin is rubbery and not edible, but I'll sacrifice the skin for the finished meat I get any day!

So when you say there's no reason to smoke fowl, that's your opinion. My opinion is there is every reason as far a flavor is concerned to smoke poultry low and slow! With the exception of chicken wangs or RSC done on the WSM. Opinion are like Puffs, everyone has one whether they like it or not!! [smilie=a_holycrap.gif][/quote:4yat2eyb]
:roll: So much for moderation there Mr. Beam :roll:

Finney said:
Kloset BBQR said:
Rempe had to stick his nose in this thing and ruined my chance at BBQ TV Superstardom! Thanks Greg! :D

I guess "Grilling from the Attic" sounded better than "Q'n in the Kloset". [smilie=a_happyme.gif]

4.gif

Back
Top Bottom