Hey Look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AlliesOleMan said:
Allie is my better half and has been on this site for awhile now. She said she does more recipes and reading than anything else. Now if you boys want some good sauce hers is the best........specially for soppin......DAMN now I am gettign hungry thinkin bout it
Is that sauce recipe posted? If not [-o<

He's such a nut! Here's the thing about my sauce, it's just a ketchup based kind of sweet sauce. I don't measure so never make it exactly the same. I just basically play around tasting until I get it the way I want it.

Basic ingredients:

Ketchup
Worcestershire Sauce
Mustard
Brown Sugar
Maple Syrup
Vinegar or sweet pickle juice (pickled peach juice is great)
finely minced onion
black pepper

Use the ingredients besides ketchup in moderation until you get a thick, sort of sweet, tangy sauce. Cook it until the onions are done. That's about it but like I say, I don't measure it and it has pretty common ingredients in a sauce of that kind. He had just never had it until he met me.

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
AlliesOleMan said:
You mean there are guys here that I need to keep an eye on Finney????
Guess Im gonna have to sleep with one eye open.......lol

And Finney is the 1 I'd worry about the most!
Double :eek: :eek:
Hey... Just because my wife lives in a whole different state than I do doesn't mean I need watching. #-o :^o 8-[

Finney said:
Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
AlliesOleMan said:
You mean there are guys here that I need to keep an eye on Finney????
Guess Im gonna have to sleep with one eye open.......lol

And Finney is the 1 I'd worry about the most!
Double :eek: :eek:
Hey... Just because my wife lives in a whole different state than I do doesn't mean I need watching. #-o :^o 8-[
:lmao:
He's innocent :^o

Pickled peach juice? I know people will pickle just about anything, like pickled pigs feet, pickled eggs, okra, tomato, but PEACHES! Never heard that one before.

I love them. They sell them in grocery stores in Georgia and my grandmother used to make them herself. It's whole, peeled peaches in a sweet, vinegary juice with spices like cinnamon and allspice. Not sure exactly how to make them but they are good. Everytime I go visit my family in Georgia, I stock up on several jars of them to bring home since I can't get them in Indiana.

Thank you so much for the recipe! I'll have to try it soon. Les said he's seen some of the Michigan peaches for sale and I have some canning jars sitting here empty.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom