Hey I'm making ABTS's on TV tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Filming it actually to be shown the week after next.

A friend of mine from the local tv station just called and wants to do a cooking segment in my kitchen this afternoon!
Thanks for the advance notice right? I had told him if he ever got
in a bind (he does one every week) to call me, and he wants to tape it
today cause he'll be on vacation next week. So I'm home cleaning up! TV CAMERAS IN MY KITCHEN! That's scary!

Good thing the cleaning girls were here yesterday! All I have to do
is clean up last nights beer cans!!!!

Look out Bobby Flay, here I come!

Congratulations Cappy! Show 'em how it's done!! I'm with you on the Rev's sauce, very good stuff!!

Captain Morgan said:
By the way Rev, I'll use your sauce as a dipping sauce and have a bottle prominently displayed in the front!

I'm sure you'll be wearing your BBQ-4-U T-Shirt as well...or at least plug the site a few times!! Moderator status hangs in the balance!! :eek: :(

Congratulations Captain, that is very cool! Make sure you tape it and then post it to on of those on line sites so we can all see it. Here's one:

http://putfile.com/

Greg, make sure you get the Captain a new BBQ- 4-U golf shirt. Product placement is the wave of the future in advertising.

It's pouring rain!!! I'm going to have to do em in the oven.....he's here but it's raining so hard he's sitting in the driveway in the van!!!

Try and work in some jokes about the local folks. You know, the way Howard Sprague did on that episode where he pissed off Clara, Bea, Floyd , and Goober!

lol at Woody....it's all over. Yeah Rev, Cecil and I have worked together off and on for years now. I got your sauce's name in, but I couldn't tell from the camera angle if the bottle was in the shot or not. They only gave me 2 minutes total, and I was flying. Left out a couple of tricks, but they don't care. mentioned bbq 4 U one time, that was all I could get in.

It airs a week from next Wednesday between 5:30 am and 6 am, and again between 7 am and 7 30 am.

Flay is shaking in his booties.

Capt.- I really appreciate that plug. I've known Cecil for years as well. He's really found his niche with this "Cooking with Cecil" gig.

Tex, good point, one that has talked about in these circles (just not this forum) before. I called em stuffed wrapped peppers.

The acronym inevitably leads to questions about the name, and that don't fly too well in the broadcast world. My buddy from Columbia went to Texas a couple of weeks ago and went to a crawfish boil. The guy cooking whipped out his Texas shaped chile grill, and Garland says...
are you making ABT's?" He says "what's that?" They were both talking about the same thing, but the Texas guy said they just called em peppers!

I guess ol' Barney will be charging for his autograph and his BBQ-4-U posts now. Can't believe Aunt Bee didn't steal the show with one of her famous pies. :lmao: Way to go Cappy!

I can see it now ... you'll be the next big thing on the Food Network and won't have time for us little people any more.

Good Job Cappy, knock em dead.

Back
Top Bottom