Help with ET-73

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My ET-73 went out mid-cook. I've replaced the batteries in the receiver and the transmitter, but to no avail. I cannot find the web-site of the manufactuer. There are a thousand places that sell them but I can't find the damn manufactuer. HELP!!

Shawn it's not dead but still not working properly but better than it was a couple hours ago. I think this is basically due to MY ERROR! I got it wet while I was doing dishes! It is working intermitently, I am sure once it completely dries it will be fine. I hope so!!

Chris Finney said:
Larry,
Put it in your fridge for a couple of days like Rob did with his Guru control head.

Chris are you serious? If so, with the batteries or without? How does that help? Thanks.

A fridge works very much like an air conditioner for the home. Not only does it cool the air but it removes alot of the moisture as well.. You can leave the batteries in but I'd remove the cover.

Thanks Bill.

Redneck, it's not even 6months old. But like I said, I think I caused the malfunction by getting it wet. I'll let you know if it works when I get home.

It took 2 units but the third one is running as advertised! They do chew up batteries...just to be safe, I change them every other cook to maintain maximum range! :D

Don't worry Larry. ET is an alien!!. 73 years old to them is like 6 months to you and me! He'll be fine! When he dies like that, you need to give him love and touch his finger and his heart will glow. Awwwwwww!

Bill Hays said:
A fridge works very much like an air conditioner for the home. Not only does it cool the air but it removes alot of the moisture as well.. You can leave the batteries in but I'd remove the cover.
This is the Frost Free part in a frost free refridgerator. Removed moisture is condensed and usually run down to an evaporation pan at the bottom of the fridge. This is also why a normal freezer is better for long term frozen food storage than a fridge freezer, they are usually not 'frost free' and therefore do not remove moisture from the air. I don't know if there are still non-frost free fridges being manufactured, but older fridges may or may not be frost free.

Greg, I've had my ET-73 for 6 months using on average more than once per week and only changed batteries once. I think you should be able to get much more service out of a set of betteries. I can't say that I've noticed any correlation between battery strength and ET-73 range but I will start keeping an eye out for that.

Larry, sorry, I'm still not quite clear. Did you submerge a probe or the transmitter or receiver? I've noticed really wacky temps reported after a probe was immeresed in water but it did clear up after the thing dried out.

Shawn,
I actually picked the receiver up to move it with wet hands. That is the only thing I can think of that caused it to malfunction.

Larry Wolfe said:
Shawn,
I actually picked the receiver up to move it with wet hands. That is the only thing I can think of that caused it to malfunction.

You're supposed to wash em after you go! Larry doesn't touch the food at Smoke Stock!

Woodman said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Shawn,

You're supposed to wash em after you go! Larry doesn't touch the food at Smoke Stock!

Hey Woody, it was the reciever he touched, not the transmitter!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom