help in Charlotte NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Hey all...Happy New Year from sunny FLA !! Heading north in the am back to the frozen tundra..Gonna overnight in Charlotte, NC tommarrow. Any suggestions on some good Q for dinner tommarrow night. Im looking for some good ole boy stuff. I googled bbq for there and the first hit was the Smokey Bones chain. I surenuff wished I had paid more attention during all those best ofBBQ shows...Help me !!!

EB's has THE best chicken I have ever eaten in a BBq restaurant, hands down, bar none!!!!! It's out in Indian Trail, not far from Charlotte... Big Bob Gibsons, over in Monroe is also real good, the chicken with his white sauce, and ribs are excellent.... I'm not familar with any other places in Charlotte, but if you're heading up north from there do yourself a favor an stop in Allen and Sons in Chapel Hill, will not regret it ....or Lexington BBQ in Lexington, or a zillion places in Salisbury,Kanapolis, Greensboro, Winston Salem.. North Carolina has way too many good que places it just aint fair, ya know!!! :(

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_map.html

I've eaten at EBs, it's as good as they say...check out
all the comp trophies on the wall.

John don't forget you're also only about 45 miles
from Lexington NC, home of legendary joints.

Best thing to do is go to www.carolinabbqjoints.com
and use the search function for Charlotte or Lexington.
You'll get addresses, phone numbers, some reviews and
some pics on many of your answers. Charlotte is not
really known for it's bbq.

Got a GPS in your car?

Got a GPS in your car? If so, I can give you the coordinates for EBs and a bunch of the Lexington places. Or just go here: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/7741 and download the file BBQ NC.gpx

I'll add my name to the list of satisfied EBs customers. :tonqe:

Well, thanks all..We got into Charlotte later then hoped and Eb's was over an hour away acording to the hotel folk. We ate at McKoys smokehouse in Charlette by the hotel...thumbs down. They told us about a place called Spoons..a little hole in the wall family run joint...they close when they run out of meat each day..just the place we were looking for, but, they apparently ran out around 3 yesterday...

john pen said:
Well, thanks all..We got into Charlotte later then hoped and Eb's was over an hour away acording to the hotel folk. We ate at McKoys smokehouse in Charlette by the hotel...thumbs down. They told us about a place called Spoons..a little hole in the wall family run joint...they close when they run out of meat each day..just the place we were looking for, but, they apparently ran out around 3 yesterday...

John, maybe on your next trip you should foodsaver some of your own "Q", (or better yet some of Wittdogs) so you won't be disappointed when traveling! :LOL:

Did I mention it was in the 80's when we got to Fla and 22 the morning we left...Puff, you know your welcome anytime..Just remember, a**, gas or...well, you know how that goes...Just pay for gas and booze and travel with us anytime..(and it wouldn't hurt to bring some road sammys too)...

john pen said:
Did I mention it was in the 80's when we got to Fla and 22 the morning we left...Puff, you know your welcome anytime..Just remember, a**, gas or...well, you know how that goes...Just pay for gas and booze and travel with us anytime..(and it wouldn't hurt to bring some road sammys too)...
:shock: :shock:

He comes and drinks my beer but didn't offer to take me down...must be the pic of him at the pool the last time he went to FLA...where is that pic.....

Puff said:
john pen said:
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

wittdog said:
He comes and drinks my beer but didn't offer to take me down...must be the pic of him at the pool the last time he went to FLA...where is that pic.....

And a little more just came up!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":pa4r49g7]Did I mention it was in the 80's when we got to Fla and 22 the morning we left...Puff, you know your welcome anytime..Just remember, a**, gas or...well, you know how that goes...Just pay for gas and booze and travel with us anytime..(and it wouldn't hurt to bring some road sammys too)...

wittdog said:

And a little more just came up![/quote:pa4r49g7]
What's a little a** between friends..... for a trip to Florida :shock:

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":3lvkjr75]Did I mention it was in the 80's when we got to Fla and 22 the morning we left...Puff, you know your welcome anytime..Just remember, a**, gas or...well, you know how that goes...Just pay for gas and booze and travel with us anytime..(and it wouldn't hurt to bring some road sammys too)...

wittdog said:

And a little more just came up!
What's a little a** between friends..... for a trip to Florida :shock:[/quote:3lvkjr75]

You sl*t! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom