Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Larry Wolfe said:
I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Doesn't look good. Printer is asking for AC, power plug is giving you DC.
Next time pay attention to where you put stuff! Now go and look again, it will probably be in the last place you look!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":w48wuljz]I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Next time pay attention to where you put stuff! Now go and look again, it will probably be in the last place you look![/quote:w48wuljz]

The schmuck at HP just said it would work, I plug it in and it doesn't work. That Dick! I saved our transcript so if it ruined it he's gonna buy me a new one.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":332ab1dn][quote="Larry Wolfe":332ab1dn]I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Next time pay attention to where you put stuff! Now go and look again, it will probably be in the last place you look![/quote:332ab1dn]

The schmuck at HP just said it would work, I plug it in and it doesn't work. That Dick! I saved our transcript so if it ruined it he's gonna buy me a new one.[/quote:332ab1dn]

Oh, so you take his word over mine? Geeze, what a guy!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":evqzbk9s][quote="Larry Wolfe":evqzbk9s]I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Next time pay attention to where you put stuff! Now go and look again, it will probably be in the last place you look![/quote:evqzbk9s]

The schmuck at HP just said it would work, I plug it in and it doesn't work. That Dick! I saved our transcript so if it ruined it he's gonna buy me a new one.[/quote:evqzbk9s]

Oh, so you take his word over mine? Geeze, what a guy!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":52tevll3][quote="Nick Prochilo":52tevll3][quote="Larry Wolfe":52tevll3]I have a HP Photosmart 375 picture printer. It's been a while since I've used it and now I can't find the power cord. However, I found one that fits in the hole but I haven't plugged it in yet cause I don't know if it will be too much power. The printer specs say this: Power Power supply type: external Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60Hz (± 3Hz)Power consumption: Printing: 14.4 watts maximum Idle: 8.1 watts maximum Off: 6.2 watts maximum And the back of the adapter says Class 2 transformer Input 120V 60Hz 0.1A Output DC 9.4V 400mA I don't know what any of this means, can I use this adapter? Can someone help me so I don't fry my printer?? Thanks!!

Next time pay attention to where you put stuff! Now go and look again, it will probably be in the last place you look![/quote:52tevll3]

The schmuck at HP just said it would work, I plug it in and it doesn't work. That Dick! I saved our transcript so if it ruined it he's gonna buy me a new one.[/quote:52tevll3]

Oh, so you take his word over mine? Geeze, what a guy![/quote:52tevll3]

Not at all, he replied first! I should have known better, his name was Bert. #-o

wittdog said:
Larry I think those power cables are cheap, like $10 at Radio Shack. Just something to consider……

I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. This just irks me, because I've used this thing twice and put the cord in it when I was done. Mrs. Wolfe used it once and now the cord is no where to be found. :-X

Larry you are preaching to the choir. If I had a penny for every time Mrs. Dog didn’t but something back where she found it……………..I’d probably be cooking on a Gator/Klose….. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom