hard times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I'm in Oregon duck hunting with my son. About 10am this morning a game warden came out to our blind. It was a reserved blind on a refuge in my son's name. He told us to call my son's house. My Dad passed away this morning. We're off to IL tomorrow to help my Mom.

Griff

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy.

img_74768_0_be8fef83dc9511a25899ae9c323a8722.jpg

Thinking of you. Never easy, these things. My dad is pushing 75, enough said. Wishing you and yours that it will be a journey that brings family together.

Griff said:
I'm in Oregon duck hunting with my son. About 10am this morning a game warden came out to our blind. It was a reserved blind on a refuge in my son's name. He told us to call my son's house. My Dad passed away this morning. We're off to IL tomorrow to help my Mom.

Griff

Griff you have my deepest sympathies at your loss.

That's his dad in Griff's avatar. (The license plate on the Model A, which he restored, says POPS 29.) He was a super nice guy, uncompromisingly decent, with a sly sense of humor. It's hard to understand that he's dead, even though his health has been failing badly in the last year. Two years ago when we were in Alaska I rode with him in the Model A on a quick one-last-item run to the grocery store. Kids along the streets couldn't contain their excitement as the old Ford chugged near, and I'll always remember the pleased, happy look on his face as he honked the oogah! horn for them.

Sorry, friend. It's a big, big loss.

--John

Griff, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I wish you a safe trip and my deepest sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom