Happy Birthday to the Creator ....
Of my family and friends #1 favorite BBQ item "The Griff Loaf." Happy birthday Griff hope your day is great!
Just in case some of you have missed this great recipe, here is my take of the famous "Griff Loaf."
1/2 cup bread crumbs, try Progresso Italian
1/4 cup milk, white
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onion sweet, diced fine
3 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. pork sausage, Bob Evans Hot
1 egg, large, lightly beaten
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
6 dashes worchestershire sauce
salt, to taste
pepper, fresh ground, to taste
1. Saute the diced onions in the oil until they turn golden (about 10 minutes).
2. Mix the bread crumbs in the milk.
3. Mix everything together and form into loaf (I use a loaf pan to form the loaf and then turn it out onto the parchment paper). Mix well but do not over mix, just enough to combine all ingredients.
4. I smoke the loaf on a piece of parchment paper cut as close to the size of the loaf as possible. With the WSM that allows all the grease to drain into the water pan and the smoke penetrates the bottom of the loaf making a smoke ring there as well. I smoke at 300-350* until the loaf hits 170-175*, 2 hours.
5. I add some chopped red and green peppers to my onions when I sauté, about 1/2 a pepper of each.
• WSM 18.5 • WSM 22.5 • Performers, Black & Green • Q 300 Gasser
• KCBS Certified Judge #53267