Happy Birthday Nick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dittos to what Vermin said. Very glad to hear yall are currently thriving. Watch out for the old family addition syndrome. Thats what happened up there the last time the lights went out.

Nick, Happy Belated Birthday ! Glad to hear your ok...We are waiting to hear if we are getting deployed down your way or not.. Doesn't look like it at this point...

No power really SUCKS, but if that's all the damage you have, life is (sort-of) good. Back a few years when Charlie came through here, we lost power for a week, but my smokers and grills stayed light for friendly neighbors to cook on.

Stay safe.

BOB

John penn don't think you will be visiting, to bad, we would have a blast! Life isn't bad, it's nice to see how everybody helps each other out. Neighbors checking on each other, masking sure there folks are ok. We're some pretty tough people around here. Thanks for all the well wishes and good thoughts.

Hows the gasoline situation? Fox News is blasting your nice Mayor for running two huge generators to power up the official NY Marathon headquarters. Each of which could provide electric power to about 400 homes. Wonder where that Boy's priorities lie? Bound to be a commie liberal..just guessing. Hang in there Buddy.

Well I'm glad nobody took my bet. Electric came back this afternoon. I was out working and my wife sent me a text. Gas is nearly impossible to get, lines remind me of the 70's. Lots of stations have gas in their tanks but no electric to pump it. Cars are lined up outside stations that are out of gas or closed but hoping that they will open and have gas. I waited on line for almost 2 hours yesterday for gas for work and was told $40 max. I needed 5 gallons for one of my crews and put the last 4 gallons in my truck. I'm down to a 1/4 tank which will last until Monday when maybe things will ease up a bit. Yeah Jeff, Blumberg blew it this time, waiting until now to cancel marathon. Now the new problem starting to arise is the power company is starting to run out of wire! And, they haven't made a dent in the work to be done! I was on a street yesterday where every pole was down. This gas BS really is frustrating. They had over a week to prepare for this storm, there is a tank farm out on the island where the tanks could have all been filled up, some emergency generators and we could have plenty of gas here. Right now Hess is trucking gas down from Canada, non stop, all day long. But enough, I'm alive and kicking and all is well! Thanks for all the well wishes! John Pen, come on down next summer, leave your white hat home and we'll pop a few, my treat!

Well sure glad to hear the lights come back on. Being without is rough. Hoping things will continue to improve. Keep us updated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom