Half Price Thermapen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
found this on a cooking forum...

"bought this from Amazon for 39.99 and no shipping earlier this week and it arrived today:

http://www.amazon.com/EXTECH-Thermomete ... 069&sr=8-1

I just boiled up some water and tried testing it along with my CDN remote probe thermometer.

The Extech showed 210 degrees within about 3 or 4 seconds. I kept it in the water and it remained at 210 for the entire time, dipping to 209 once. The CDN took almost 15 seconds to get up 203 and then while keeping it in the water, the temp changed between 200 and 205 and was never steady.

The Extech turns off when you close it, so the 1 hour turn off time does not bother me. Also, it uses a regular AAA battery (I believe the Thermapen uses a different type) so not a huge deal if it runs out.

The probe is the same size as my other thermometer, but I don't think as skinny as the Thermapen.

The only things that were just slighly annoying to me were the wrist strap (which could get in the way) and the fact that the default display was in C instead of F, however, there is a C/F button on top and super easy to switch quickly.

All in all, I am very happy to have made this purchase. I have been annoyed with my other thermometers, so I'm glad to have a new more accurate and fast option! Thanks so much krweir for posting this! "

Apparently the same technology as the Tpen, with a larger probe tip
and half the cost....several tried it and reported back positively.
I'd give you the link but I think it's a subscriber thingy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom