Guru Post from BBQ Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2jfyioed][quote="brian j":2jfyioed][quote="Larry Wolfe":2jfyioed]No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again!
awesome. we didn't get any rain last night but it was breezy and in the upper 40's at my place. did you have the guru going or were you flying solo?[/quote:2jfyioed]

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No Guru here Brian. In my opinion you don't need on for a WSM. :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:[/quote:2jfyioed]

Yeah but it makes it a lot easier.[/quote:2jfyioed]

How?? I went to bed last night, got a good night sleep have to get up once. Woke up this morning stirred the coals and the WSM is still chugging. What's hard about that??? Huh?? Huh?? :taunt:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3baxwrhh][quote="Larry Wolfe":3baxwrhh][quote="brian j":3baxwrhh][quote="Larry Wolfe":3baxwrhh]No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again!
awesome. we didn't get any rain last night but it was breezy and in the upper 40's at my place. did you have the guru going or were you flying solo?[/quote:3baxwrhh]

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No Guru here Brian. In my opinion you don't need on for a WSM. :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:[/quote:3baxwrhh]

Yeah but it makes it a lot easier.[/quote:3baxwrhh]

How?? I went to bed last night, got a good night sleep have to get up once. Woke up this morning stirred the coals and the WSM is still chugging. What's hard about that??? Huh??
Huh?? :taunt:[/quote:3baxwrhh]

That! I like to set mine and go off to work. Come home and dinner is ready!

I could do that with mine. Ask Finney and Jim, I leave mine at SOTB go to the Hotel and sleep and come back in the morning. No problems lazy boy!! 8-[

brian j said:
i don't have a guru but have come close a couple times to buying one. i'm just too damn cheap to pull the trigger.

i agree that one does not NEED a guru, but i think they can make life a lot more predictable. especially in the winter time when the temp outside is in the 20's and the wind is blowing.

You're right Brian and Nick, it would make life a little more predictable and convenient. I'm busting you guys sacks. Honestly, I'm cheap too and if the Guru was less expensive I'd get one too :eek: . But I can't justify spending more on a Guru than the cooker itself. Especially one that already has 90% set it and forget it capability like the WSM.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":1lvnjh7b]i don't have a guru but have come close a couple times to buying one. i'm just too damn cheap to pull the trigger.

i agree that one does not NEED a guru, but i think they can make life a lot more predictable. especially in the winter time when the temp outside is in the 20's and the wind is blowing.

You're right Brian and Nick, it would make life a little more predictable and convenient. I'm busting you guys sacks. Honestly, I'm cheap too and if the Guru was less expensive I'd get one too :eek: . But I can't justify spending more on a Guru than the cooker itself. Especially one that already has 90% set it and forget it capability like the WSM.[/quote:1lvnjh7b]

Oh? .......................................................Yeah, no kidding! BTW, the reason you were able to set it and forget it and go to your hotel for a good nights sleep was because Chris kept an eye on it for you! LOL

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":b958q6ww][quote="brian j":b958q6ww]i don't have a guru but have come close a couple times to buying one. i'm just too damn cheap to pull the trigger.

You're right Brian and Nick, it would make life a little more predictable and convenient. I'm busting you guys sacks. Honestly, I'm cheap too and if the Guru was less expensive I'd get one too :eek: . But I can't justify spending more on a Guru than the cooker itself. Especially one that already has 90% set it and forget it capability like the WSM.[/quote:b958q6ww]

Oh? .......................................................Yeah, no kidding! BTW, the reason you were able to set it and forget it and go to your hotel for a good nights sleep was because Chris kept an eye on it for you! LOL[/quote:b958q6ww]

Ask him how many times he had to adjust it!! Jim was right about you!! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":25ghyodm][quote="Larry Wolfe":25ghyodm][quote="brian j":25ghyodm]i don't have a guru but have come close a couple times to buying one. i'm just too damn cheap to pull the trigger.

You're right Brian and Nick, it would make life a little more predictable and convenient. I'm busting you guys sacks. Honestly, I'm cheap too and if the Guru was less expensive I'd get one too :eek: . But I can't justify spending more on a Guru than the cooker itself. Especially one that already has 90% set it and forget it capability like the WSM.[/quote:25ghyodm]

Oh? .......................................................Yeah, no kidding! BTW, the reason you were able to set it and forget it and go to your hotel for a good nights sleep was because Chris kept an eye on it for you! LOL[/quote:25ghyodm]

Ask him how many times he had to adjust it!! Jim was right about you!! 8-[[/quote:25ghyodm]

Yup! LOL Twice he said LOL

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2blb1oje]I'm busting you guys sacks.

:taunt:

i'm outta here and on to danville. LATER!!!![/quote:2blb1oje]

You'll feel like a different man when you return after spending a night with Bill and Gary! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":3upyq51u][quote="Larry Wolfe":3upyq51u]I'm busting you guys sacks.

i'm outta here and on to danville. LATER!!!![/quote:3upyq51u]

You'll feel like a different man when you return after spending a night with Bill and Gary! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:[/quote:3upyq51u]

7.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2syuof6q][quote="brian j":2syuof6q][quote="Larry Wolfe":2syuof6q]I'm busting you guys sacks.

i'm outta here and on to danville. LATER!!!![/quote:2syuof6q]

You'll feel like a different man when you return after spending a night with Bill and Gary! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:[/quote:2syuof6q]

7.gif
[/quote:2syuof6q]

:ack:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom