Gulf Coasters part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smart move, SS.

--John
(I've got a little 2k Honda that'll run my refrigerators and a little more. Wish I had room for a bigger one, but all my "extra" garage space is taken up by grills and charcoal.)

It looks like my city might have dodged the bullet again.. The poor folks on the Louisiana border with Texas are going to get massive flooding when Ole Ike comes ashore. I just wanted to thank yall for being concerned about me and my family. Plus I have a generator now.... :shock: I want BBQ...

ss can I borrow your generator. LOL. It coming right in my back yard. LOL. I;m am an hour away from Galveston. They are saying that I should be see wind around 80 to 90 miles per hour. The window are bored up and got a lot of food so we should good.

The Missing Link said:
ss can I borrow your generator. LOL. It coming right in my back yard. LOL. I;m am an hour away from Galveston. They are saying that I should be see wind around 80 to 90 miles per hour. The window are bored up and got a lot of food so we should good.
Link you be safe my friend! :shock:

My get ready meal

I changed the name from 'Meals Ready to Eat' to 'Meals Ronbeaux Eats'

I got a two day window of opportunity to actually hammer some grub so I splurged.

First up. Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts, with COTC and the FILET(yes!) warming up nicely at 325.
img_164677_0_e107a9ae249f89cdc0cab860946ecc72.jpg

Then I fired up 'Ole Dusty' for a good sear.
img_164677_1_cbd064b96ef9e708105cdd8f6e1105d0.jpg

Filet is resting at 115 while the COTC and BWBS are finishing up, along with Mrs.RB mushrooms simmering on the stove.

img_164677_2_0ab8e3c3b2a8d862a120aacb34cc71e6.jpg

Seared the crap out of the filets and plated with, COTC, BWBS, mushrooms, the filet, and some BLUE CHEESE SAUCE!!!!! YES!
img_164677_3_cb50421b3ea221e4c16e9c6e1d0a8455.jpg

img_164677_4_41c8418756593d00c3eb464f0391eb04.jpg

img_164677_5_3bf73adff73a6dee2e4148b200415eae.jpg

Beats the crap out of one of these.

SS you dodged the big one which ain't quite the big one which they can't tell if it's gonna be the big one, cause they can't put people in the path of the big one cause they can't figure out if it's gonna be the big one, but sold commercial time to the people who make money on the big one, cause they wouldn't even have an audience if if they wasn't telling you it was gonna be the big one.

STOP WATCHING THE NATIONAL NEWS. Prepare for the worst and Pray for the best. (I'm not chastizing you SS, just venting on them no nothing, can't predict night and day, scare monger SOBs.)

Yeah, what he said, and what really pisses me off, they sound disappointed when it's not the "Big One" Bastages!

I don't listen to the news. Only use weather sites and I am glad it didn't come here because I think I was stupid for even thinking of staying. I live too close the the OSO bay and it was going to flood my house out.. I feel sad for all my friends on Galveston Island.. They might lose everything they own..All oil production is going down bigtime... Houston Ship channel is to a skreaching halt.. Gas is allready $4.50 /gallon right now down here.. And RB..I only typed stuff here because it made me feel better that I had friends that I have never met that care about me and my countrymen in South Texas. You're a Texan Forever too... ;)

SS put Sta-Bil in the tank & run the genset for 5 min to get it into the carb.
You will need to drain the fuel every year & repeat the above.

If you don't you'll have to replace the carborater.
Old gas will erode the insides

007bond-jb said:

Thanks JB..

007bond-jb said:

It's the moisture that erodes the inside BOY! You NON UNION Mechanic! All gas has a small amount of water in it. :roll: :LOL:

mar52 said:
SS, Please stay safe and if they tell you to leave, Get the Hell outta there!
Believe me I will next time.. That IKE is giant and a bunch of my friends houses are allready washing away 12 hours before the eye hits.. I only live 7 feet above sea level, but nine miles inland.. I'm BBQ-in right now.. ;)

surfinsapo said:
mar52 said:
SS, Please stay safe and if they tell you to leave, Get the Hell outta there!
Believe me I will next time.. That IKE is giant and a bunch of my friends houses are allready washing away 12 hours before the eye hits.. I only live 7 feet above sea level, but nine miles inland.. I'm BBQ-in right now.. ;)

Amen Bro. My Mom, Brother, Sister, and Son are riding it out in Houston as we speak. They are plenty far away from water so the surge won't affect them, just the 87 mph wind. My Brother tells me that the west end of Galveston Island will be wiped clean and the surge will top the seawall in Galveston proper and flood the entire town. Ike is a cat 2 with a cat 4 storm surge!

this is inside of the Brownsville ship channel on the Texas/Mexico border....396 miles away from Galveston

91208252vs6.jpg

surfinsapo said:
this is inside of the Brownsville ship channel on the Texas/Mexico border....396 miles away from Galveston

91208252vs6.jpg

I skipped school a bunch of times to go surfing! Cool.

a Little humor while we are at it.............

Poor Geraldo..... :shock:
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=&referralObject=3085032&referralPlaylistId=playlist'>

Re: a Little humor while we are at it.............

surfinsapo said:
Poor Geraldo..... :shock:
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=&referralObject=3085032&referralPlaylistId=playlist'>
After the "Al's vault show" .........he should have quit. :LOL:
Looks like Ike is almost on top of you guys. :shock:
Gonna' be one heck of a surge. :shock:
Good luck guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom