Guajalotie el rapido

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Prepped the 18 lb enhanced Jenno bird yesterday with a jug of Eyetalian dressing, Chef Pauls Poultry Magic and Lawry's Lemon Peppa rubbed all over and under the skin. Let it swelter in the ice box all night in the double trash bags. Drug it out and put it breastes down on the elec Brinkmann with the 55 gal barrel over the top at 5 AM. Full water pan..few hickory chunks and some Pee Can twigs. Went back to sleep woke up at 8 and found the water pan dry and the bird at 140 in the thigh. Refilled the pan and added a few more chunks and continued for about another half hour when it started hitting around 175-180 in the thigh. Got it boxed up in the hot box as we speak. I aint sure how hot it got inside the cooker but at 3.5 hrs from ice box cold till done got to be the fastest smoked turkey I ever done. Seemed nice n juicy and had a good brown color. Hopefully that is a good sign. Let us pray it will be fit to eat:)

bigwheel said:
Prepped the 18 lb enhanced Jenno bird yesterday with a jug of Eyetalian dressing, Chef Pauls Poultry Magic and Lawry's Lemon Peppa rubbed all over and under the skin. Let it swelter in the ice box all night in the double trash bags. Drug it out and put it breastes down on the elec Brinkmann with the 55 gal barrel over the top at 5 AM. Full water pan..few hickory chunks and some Pee Can twigs. Went back to sleep woke up at 8 and found the water pan dry and the bird at 140 in the thigh. Refilled the pan and added a few more chunks and continued for about another half hour when it started hitting around 175-180 in the thigh. Got it boxed up in the hot box as we speak. I aint sure how hot it got inside the cooker but at 3.5 hrs from ice box cold till done got to be the fastest smoked turkey I ever done. Seemed nice n juicy and had a good brown color. Hopefully that is a good sign. Let us pray it will be fit to eat:)
Well? Was it fit?

Well on first impression it seemed slightly chewier than normal but nobody else seemed to notice. It may have been the bird itself since it was not one of the high dollar models. Tasted purty good. Using my always acute 20/20 hindsight think I should have left the big insulating barrel off of it since even though it was slightly chilly the wind wasn't blowing. Dont think I would purposefully want to cook one that fast again at least on the particular cooking gizmo I was using. On the plus side taking it as a good sign there aint none of it left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom