Grouper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
My good buddy TimBear brought us a bunch of grouper on Thursday so I cooked it up last night. It was raining in Thousand Oaks so I had to cook it in the oven. I really need to get a cover on my patio, I’m thinking of using that corrugated roofing material then I’ll be able to grill anytime. Anyway, I found a recipe on line http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/key-west- ... etail.aspx. While the fish was cooking my wife made some rice with mushrooms and almonds while I tossed up a green salad.

Here’s a shot of my plate.
img_230718_0_13a6c5370e7dd587a4db886141c76137.jpg

Looks great Toby...fine job. When the title of the thread became evident it dawned on me think I aint neva had no Grouper..as least as I can recall. Now I may have had it accidentally a time or two. Them EZ ups are a pain in the booty..less they owned and put up by somebody else and the fire is going on a cold day blah blah blah. I have spent half my life trying to help folks assemble and disassemble them peeces of sheet with nobody knowing how to do it right. Then the other half of the life I spent seeing them blow away at the slightest provocation such a little lite running tornado etc. I would agree and just cook it in the house when there is falling weather. That is if you can deal with the stink of dead fish in the house. You a very smart feller.

bigwheel

I wish I had a buddy that brought grouper to me.........I loved catching them and love cooking and eating them even more!!!! You're a lucky guy! Load his cooler with beer!!!

bigwheel said:
Looks great Toby...fine job. When the title of the thread became evident it dawned on me think I aint neva had no Grouper..as least as I can recall. Now I may have had it accidentally a time or two. Them EZ ups are a pain in the booty..less they owned and put up by somebody else and the fire is going on a cold day blah blah blah. I have spent half my life trying to help folks assemble and disassemble them peeces of sheet with nobody knowing how to do it right. Then the other half of the life I spent seeing them blow away at the slightest provocation such a little lite running tornado etc. I would agree and just cook it in the house when there is falling weather. That is if you can deal with the stink of dead fish in the house. You a very smart feller.

bigwheel
Hey bigwheel, you're right about it being a hassle to set up the EZup, but I thought it was because I had to do it myself. It belongs to my son who moved up north to Berkeley, CA and didn't have room in his truck for everything. I also gained an oversized iron bird cage a large guitar amplifier and a bunch of miscellaneous boxes of junk.

The issue with me is do I cook inside or do something so I can continue cooking outside. For me the answer was a no brainer. But then, I do have the reputation of doing things that most others wouldn't tackle. The smart folks would just carry on inside the house but for me the key is in the phrase "no-brainer". And I love the smell of burning charcoal mixing with the air under the shelter and the sound of the rain hitting the top!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom