Grillades & rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PKJWiPBAm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PKJWiPBAm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

img_160142_0_505143ee485e2f757a95841c666550ea.jpg

img_160142_1_5cc12deb3af35f53ebd171b2b507dd46.jpg

img_160142_2_3cedcb6376644e42de0eea9ed6f4d968.jpg

img_160142_3_42b9ed707b2edb288d141ee6f9ad851c.jpg

img_160142_4_8896fdcd1a7fe5a239b8e5518d32e9d8.jpg

img_160142_5_2c3f5a92f6d6261c9d9a4552b9fbd5ce.jpg

JB, it all looks good but you said there was grits? Did you have a CK moment or was it just me? :shock:

Well Boy that do look purty good. Thanks for posting. Now you betta watch all them carbs such as from rice...bread..beer and tates. You will get high triglycerides like uncle bigwheel got and have to take pills. I am now drinking strictly Ezra 90 proof and swamp water. Zero carbs in that combo less you happen to dip up a cow patty from the swamp water. Sure them thangs got lots of carbs.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
betta watch all them carbs such as from rice...bread..beer and tates.
bigwheel

Try subin' brown rice. I know it ain't really authentic lookin' an' tastin' but the fiber in the brown rice helps cut the carbs effect to your system. Kinda like whole wheat bread vrs the white stuff deal.

surfinsapo said:
JB, it all looks good but you said there was grits? Did you have a CK moment or was it just me? :shock:

The last 2 pic's had grits, That was breakfast the next day...

Pay Attention GT

bigwheel said:
Well Boy that do look purty good. Thanks for posting. Now you betta watch all them carbs such as from rice...bread..beer and tates. You will get high triglycerides like uncle bigwheel got and have to take pills. I am now drinking strictly Ezra 90 proof and swamp water. Zero carbs in that combo less you happen to dip up a cow patty from the swamp water. Sure them thangs got lots of carbs.

bigwheel

I take Zetia, I was on Lipitor & it sucked. Makes ya feel bad...

I take some stuff called Tricor. Fenofibrate (thats the generic name). Dont seem to produce bad feelings...just silently destroys your liver I think. Last time I went to the Doc the readings hadn't changed much. He finally broke down and admitted it take diet and exercise to actually do much good. Thats why I have quit drinking beer. Been thinking about riding my bicycle to the likker store. That should kill two birds with one stone. Whatcha think?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I take some stuff called Tricor. Fenofibrate (thats the generic name). Dont seem to produce bad feelings...just silently destroys your liver I think. Last time I went to the Doc the readings hadn't changed much. He finally broke down and admitted it take diet and exercise to actually do much good. Thats why I have quit drinking beer. Been thinking about riding my bicycle to the likker store. That should kill two birds with one stone. Whatcha think?

bigwheel

Zetia don't harm the liver like the other satin drugs do. It works differently
Ask your Dr. about it
Quit drinking beer???? Hell no!!!

Ok I will hit him up on the Zeita stuff. Thanks. Not sure how long I can hold out on that no beer deal.

bigwheel

Hmmm, My doc has me taking Lipitor AND Zetia.

Keeps my cholesterol real good and me broke.

Doesn't make me eat better though.

I call them my eraser pills.

Well my cholseterol is good..it the triglycerides that is being bad boys. I got a big weakness for Blue Bell Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip cookies..think this could be part o the problemo? How come your meds is so high? Is you perhaps insurance challenged? If so I face the same challenge if retirement day ever comes.

bigwheel

mar52 said:

mar52 said:

Ask him about taking only one of em but adding niacin twice a day. Thats what I do

bigwheel said:
Well my cholseterol is good..it the triglycerides that is being bad boys. I got a big weakness for Blue Bell Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip cookies..think this could be part o the problemo? How come your meds is so high? Is you perhaps insurance challenged? If so I face the same challenge if retirement day ever comes.

bigwheel

mar52 said:

Niacin with a cholesterol drug works even better. If your MD says thats a lie, Call him a Vetranerian & find another MD

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/niacin/CL00036

http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/hc/hea ... niacin.cfm

Well thanks for that info on niacin. I used to take it years ago when I was on one of my many health kicks. Do recall the burning face routine very well. I will mention this to the vet next time I see him. He also has me on some heart meds called digoxen..was on digitek which I notice has suddenly been pulled off the market. I also see ads on TV wanting folks who have taken either drug to call the lawyers at some 800 number to get involved in a class action law suit. Not sure whut is up with that guess I betta go goggling.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom