Griddle Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Is there any "1" griddle thats might be bettter than the one I might pick out? Thanks for the help. Its for the wife for X-mass

Well we got two and both are the fancy non stick aluminum models from Wally World. One designed to fit on the kitchen stove and the other on a boyscout camp stove. The kitchen stove model works good if you bend the handles upwards so it take up less room. If you will do that it eggxactly takes up two burners from front to back. Dont think we could live without either one. I use the camp stove model for sitting my chili pot on it. She cooks breakfast for 20 folks on hers. Did 5 big bone in tough side of the T Bone steaks a few nights ago. The weather was too inclement to fire up the gasser. Aluminum has curious heat distribution properties similar to copper. Make you chunk rocks at cast iron when even heat distribution is essential. Think the brand is Coleman or Ozark Trail or maybe one of each. They look about the same.

bigwheel

We have had three from Wally World and love them. THe only suggestion I can give you is to get the biggest one you can find. We use ours for everything from cooking pancakes to frying bacon and eggs. Love it.

Cast iron be the only thin I use. Get lodge brand er camp chef. Seasoned properly an takin care of, will be the best investment yall ever make. But, don't let momma whomp yall upside the head with it!

Well have owned a few of them cast iron griddles over the years. Got one sitting out in the camper right now which aint never had the wax burned off of it. We got one of them fancy smancy cooktops on the kitchen stove and it just dont seem appropriate to use it on there. Now we cook with near strictly cast iron skillets..so really dont see much difference since you mentioned it. Now my current model come along with a bunch of other good utensils (now dont get me braggin about my DO cherry dump cake:) in a nice wood box which is handy to sit on when a person want to snag a quick butt on the front porch. It all made in China by Christian Slave Laborer's. Cost only 40 bucks for the whole deal not even counting the cornbread stick pan..two skillets the big DO and the Griddle. Not sure whut makes Lodge so much mo betta than my stuff? Cast Iron is Cast Iron aint it? Now wonder if them steeken Chinese has figgered out a way to put lead in there? I am gonna have to go Googling tomorrow to get the true poop on this deal. Thanks.

bigwheel

these rock from Lodge.. I have one for bacon and eggs and blackend fish and other side for grillin meats...

lodge-reversible-grill-griddle.jpg

Thanks everyone! Ive got one similar to the one on the bottom in SS's Post but mamma will want to cook indoors for sure! Thanks Ill check out Wally world!

Back
Top Bottom