GREAT IDEA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
>GREAT IDEA!! When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and
>
>send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these
>wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.
>
>
>When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:
>
>
> A Recovering American Soldier
> c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center >
> 6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
> Washington,D.C. 20307-5001
>
>If you approve, please pass it on.

Save yourself a card and stamp......they throw anything not addressed to an individual in the trash can. It's still a cool idea though.

Rag said:
Save yourself a card and stamp......they throw anything not addressed to an individual in the trash can. It's still a cool idea though.

True, but you CAN send a card through the Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program, though not just to wounded soldiers.

Well sure thank Rag for saving me the .39 or .42 or whutever it is nowadays. Surprised email aint put them folks outta bizness yet. I dont give nothing to the Red Cross or the United Way..they are a bunch of crooks in my estimation. Now if you want to do something nice donate to the Salvation Army. Them folks works where the rubber meets the road. I know when a person been standing around where the hurricane hit..the Red Cross comes by selling coffee..then here comes the Salvation Army with roast beef sandwiches for free. Enough to make a believer out of me. The Red Cross takes free blood and sells it for a thousand bucks or so..I would like some of that action. Least back in the good old days they pay 5 bucks or so..which would buy 20 draw beers back in them days. Now my leftwing big brudder who voted for Osama was a Swabbie out in Sunny CA. He say they give $20 out there back in his day..mid 60's. They just turned his ship into the largest man made reef in the world. It was the Oriskany. Been a few years back. Sailors never drink till the Sun is over the Yard Arm ya know? Course..they count all the ships in the world when they try to figger out if it time yet. Meaning a sailor will drink anytime. Bad boys..bad boys. Whut is up with them goofy looking hats?

bigwheel

I wish there was a way to get something to wounded troops, but if you could, the towel heads would be sending bombs....so, security for them trashes non-direct mail.
I don't have much time for the Red Cross either. Now the Sal Army is different...they are the real deal. I've talked to several vets who agree, it don't matter where you off load, a Sal Army person will be there with something. They are a welcome sight when disembarking from the bowels of a troop ship after 8 days on the high seas.
You're right about the funny hats sailors where, Bigwheel. :LOL: They are designed to keep them afloat in the water. There are thousands of drowned sailors who would testify that that didn't work real good.

Back
Top Bottom