Got a bad itch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I had the chance to fly to Houston last week for 3 days so I did it. I drove down to Dave Klose's shop to "look around" a bit and I think I caught the worst itch I've ever had to get a new mobile smoker. Man those are some good looking pits! Oh and the carpet... Yep it's Pink. Just thought I'd share.............. for what its worth. :shock: :D

Well to own a januine Klose is a real admiral goal. Sure you make it happen one day. I been waiting for him to come up with a tote the note plan. Heard his credit lady is named Helene Waite. If a person wants credit they have to go to Helene Waite. Pink carpet? Wow. Looks like it get tracked up purty easy with all them drunk welders with dirty boots walking back and forth across there don't it?

bigwheel

Go ahead on and cure the itch. Whatca looking at? Should have got a good idea by going by the plant and looking around. I know I did.

Buy one! Best investment I ever made! In fairness, you should have gone over to Gator Pit too. Not too many places you can see so much in the way of quality built offsets in a 5 mile radius!

Tannehill Kid said:
Go ahead on and cure the itch. Whatca looking at? Should have got a good idea by going by the plant and looking around. I know I did.

Most likely 24" x 72" - 1/2" box and the pull out grill on the front end. :D :D :D

I would trade that 1/2" thick firebox in for the model with the insulated firebox. Firebox on my pit is 3/8" just like the rest of the pit. Can't imagine how adding another 1/8" be able to make it cook propaly in cold freezing rain..tornadoes and stuff like that. If you can protect the firebox you can still be in bizness with an offset. A half inch of steel might slow it down a little but it aint gonna work no muracles and keep your heat up in falling weather. Sure wished my firebox was insulated..in fact it would be nice if the whole thang was insulated. Sure save on wood I hear. Old chum got a purty nice custom built all insulated offset. He can do a full cookoff on a 5lb bag of Kingsford and two split logs. Weather do not influence the equation under this scenario.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom