good price on butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Well I am off to Barnwell SC to get some pork butts, Reid`s Grocery has them for 99 cents a pound , might as well stock up for later , will be checking out Walmart for some pork shoulders,tenderloins, and briskets as well.

That's a great price! We don't get good prices like that up here in Indiana. lol I used to travel in your area some. I got married in Bamberg and my ex is in that area, I guess. That's where his parents lived and his uncle was a police officer there.

We haven't seen prices like that around here in years ! Local grocer has them on "sale" for $1.89 per...

WalterSC said:
Well I am off to Barnwell SC to get some pork butts, Reid`s Grocery has them for 99 cents a pound , might as well stock up for later , will be checking out Walmart for some pork shoulders,tenderloins, and briskets as well.

LOL got there , the butts are tiny almost 1 pound each so I got 4 biggies already down there in or freezer already I am set there , two lanes down my wife Niki came walking back in shock , went to the counter she was at a found a way better deal in my book , whole slab pork spare ribs , 2 racks to the pack for 1.22 a pound. I dug thru them and got myself 2 packs weighing 13.05 lbs each , I got the biggest ones they had in there , at 16.83 a package I was gonna get me some of them !! What a wife she spotted them before I did , LOL Yea I got pics in the pack just have to dowload them and get em posted, and of course with theses beauties I will take before and after pics for all to see. She even got the 2 biggest bottles of Orignal Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce , the last ones in the store.

Well down here in Tejas the pork gonna get cheaper as Christmas approaches cuz so many of the Tex-Mex folks makes tamales that time of year. Suspect they be .99 all over town by Dec. and this be for decent butts and picnics prob hit .89. Now there is one chain which pulls tricks. They bust the butts out of the cryo and cut em half in two packing them in saran wrap. They peddle the bone side for .79 and the meat side for 1.39 or some other odd deal. They are called Sack n Save. They also dont make the butchers wear hairnets and sometimes you get long hair in your butts. I would not shop there cept for canned goods. They are owned by Minyards which also runs the Mexican Markets. I was borned on Thursday but it wasnt last Thursday.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well down here in Tejas the pork gonna get cheaper as Christmas approaches cuz so many of the Tex-Mex folks makes tamales that time of year. Suspect they be .99 all over town by Dec. and this be for decent butts and picnics prob hit .89. Now there is one chain which pulls tricks. They bust the butts out of the cryo and cut em half in two packing them in saran wrap. They peddle the bone side for .79 and the meat side for 1.39 or some other odd deal. They are called Sack n Save. They also dont make the butchers wear hairnets and sometimes you get long hair in your butts. I would not shop there cept for canned goods. They are owned by Minyards which also runs the Mexican Markets. I was borned on Thursday but it wasnt last Thursday.

bigwheel

Really dang I try to store up on butts, shoulders , and ribs when I find a good price , one ca never have too many!! LOL

Wont get no argument outta me on that deal. I believe in bailing hay when the sun is shining (that actually aint entirely accurate since you got to bail hay when the humidity is right and that often happen in the wee hours of the moaning on some occasions..but the principal is accurate). My big problemo is my deep freeze has hit the skids and is now a dedicated electrified smoker as soon as Mr. Fixit get over here to to put the finishing touches on it. I cant stock up on too much at one time. Do anybody feel sorry for me?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wont get no argument outta me on that deal. I believe in bailing hay when the sun is shining (that actually aint entirely accurate since you got to bail hay when the humidity is right and that often happen in the wee hours of the moaning on some occasions..but the principal is accurate). My big problemo is my deep freeze has hit the skids and is now a dedicated electrified smoker as soon as Mr. Fixit get over here to to put the finishing touches on it. I cant stock up on too much at one time. Do anybody feel sorry for me?

bigwheel

Kick him in the ass and tell that sucker to get moving , heck we might have to get a bigger cooler if my friend kills us 2 deer , yes we love venison too!!!

bigwheel said:
Well cant kick Mr. Fixit too hard..since he works free.

bigwheel

I know the feeling our preacher who will eb the newest addition to my up and coming team can weld , he has told me today he picked up the barrels and will do the welding for the double 55 galon drum smoker , for free.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom