Good BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWJR40

Senior Cook
Ill be going through Wilson, NC and was wondering about good Q there.
I see some places on the net. But, you cant always go by the net. I would like to go somewhere that someone has been to and knows that they are good.

Parker's ranks high in most published reviews. It's on the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail. Our estimation in March was not enthusiastic, but that's just 4 people's collective opinion from one visit. Ray Lampe and Dave DeWitt rated Bill Ellis's best on their "BBQuest." We didn't stop there (it's a buffet). Kent Craig wasn't much impressed with either Parker's or Bill's. Jim Morgan accords Parker's "Legend status" and links to several reviews. He describes Bill's and links to Hollyeats' review ("Excellent.")

Heck, live dangerously! :D

--John 8)

The Captain can probably tell you where to stop. One thing I do know is it will be Eastern Carolina BBQ. The sauce will be vinegar base with probably red pepper flakes.

Thanks for everyones help. Ill be going to NC this coming weekend. I just didnt want to go to just anywhere and get bad que.

JWJR40 said:
Thanks for everyones help. Ill be going to NC this coming weekend. I just didnt want to go to just anywhere and get bad que.
The odds are in your favor. Like Uncle Bubba said, look for a wood pile. And wood smoke. Let us know what you found and what you thought of it. :D

--John
pig-smiley.gif

(Bone appetite. ;) )

Tax man got him, but he's coming back..he just cooked in
NY in the big bbq thing up there, been doing it for years, he's very
popular up there. Anyway, he told someone his new joint should
open soon.

Back
Top Bottom