Get yer rowboats, it's gonna be a wet one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
Last couple of weeks there has been a lot of rain here. A small town just to the south of us had severe flooding when Highwood River went over it's banks. There has been millions of dollars in damage in Calgary as well.

In the next 24 hours we are supposed to get another 3" - 9" of rain, 20 MPH winds, possibility of hail and I have a butt cook planned. :eek: :craze:

My WSM is unsheltered but I do have a smoking jacket for it. As long as I can light my chimney though it's a go.

Geez. It's hot (well, by Alaska standards, 75*) and sunny up here. Bummer about bad weather on your time off.

Griff

Good for you, sounds great Griff!

I ain't gonna complain too much about my weather. I preordered the meat Monday when it was nice out so I picked it up and cooked it.

My son stood and held the patio umbrella open over the WSM for 30 minutes while I got it fired up and loaded. After that it wasn't a big deal.

4 butts in 18 hours to 195F including 3 hours to get to 225F (full Brinkmann pan). I did use a lot of fuel though. They are resting now.

It still hasn't stopped raining. At times it was coming down in buckets with strong wind gusts but my ET-73 alarms did not go off (Low: 199, High: 255). The WSM just kept chugging along.

raincook1.jpg

raincook2.jpg

raincook3.jpg

Shawn White said:
Good for you, sounds great Griff!

I ain't gonna complain too much about my weather. I preordered the meat Monday when it was nice out so I picked it up and cooked it.

My son stood and held the patio umbrella open over the WSM for 30 minutes while I got it fired up and loaded. After that it wasn't a big deal.

18 hours to 195F with about 3 hours to get to 225F (full Brinkmann pan). I did use a lot of fuel though. They are resting now.

It still hasn't stopped raining. At times it was coming down in buckets with strong wind gusts but my ET-73 alarms did not go off (Low: 199, High: 255). The WSM just kept chugging along.

raincook1.jpg

raincook2.jpg

raincook3.jpg

Shawn,
I knew there was a good reason I like you!! Rain, snow, hail or sleet won't keep Shawn from smoking his meat!!!! I love cooking in inclement weather, seems to make the food taste better! I guess it's the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom