Genesee (white can) Beer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Just grabbed up a sixer of tall boys (16oz)...man, for $2.59 it's hard not to give it some props...is it the best...no...will I drink all 6...HELL YES! :D

Greg why waste your time. For a little more you could get some real beer. I thought I was cheap sitiing outside with a cigar and some uncle jack.

Don't be jealous, Nick...come join me!! It's going in some bbq sauce tomorrow for the spare rib feast!

Wow, I bet I haven't had any Gennesewer since the late 70's. That and Genny Cream Ale were staples at the fire hall and on every road trip/camping trip. We used to call the Cream Ale screamers for what they did to you in the morning during your first toilet trip. Aaahhh memories. When our unemployment checks came, we'd buy Rolling Rock, then as our money was running out we would go back to Genny's. During the really lean times, we would drink generic beer. It had a yellow label on it that just said BEER.

john pen said:
Wow, I bet I haven't had any Gennesewer since the late 70's. That and Genny Cream Ale were staples at the fire hall and on every road trip/camping trip. We used to call the Cream Ale screamers for what they did to you in the morning during your first toilet trip. Aaahhh memories. When our unemployment checks came, we'd buy Rolling Rock, then as our money was running out we would go back to Genny's. During the really lean times, we would drink generic beer. It had a yellow label on it that just said BEER.

Oh hell John. That takes me a few years back! Those yellow cases of brewskis were all we had at the gun club. Rob the fish bowl and get five cases of brew for about twenty bucks, :LOL:

Pigs
(who still likes cheap beer) :D

I remember those cream ales....my first year in college
and trying every beer I could get my hands on...my
buddies also liked the Mickey's Big Mouth...anyone
remember those?

I remember wide mouths and I think the bottle was in the style of a barrel. I cant remember the brand, but it wasnt Mickeys. I never heard of that.

yeah, the bottle was kinda shaped like a barrel.
We liked em cause we thought with the wide
mouth bottles, we could drink beer faster and
get drunk faster.

I barely made it through college.

Captain Morgan said:
I remember those cream ales....my first year in college
and trying every beer I could get my hands on...my
buddies also liked the Mickey's Big Mouth...anyone
remember those?

Please don't mention Mickeys.... Many long nights from that stuff.... :)

Also... Old English 800 put the hurt on me when I was in 9th grade.. My tail bone still hurts...

I remember my first date with Genny. I was stationed on the USS Trenton LPD 14 in Little Creek, VA in 1971 and had a shipmate from Hunt,NY. We drove to Hunt, NY for a weekend pass and I encountered Gennesse Piss Ale. They were on sale 3 quarts for a dollar so we got 5 dollars worth--seemed innocent enough. We took a little ol' rowboat and some fishing tackle and went fishing. We drank the Genny, sunk the boat, and lost all of our fishing gear and one quart of Genny. My shipmates dad was furious--it was his boat. The next weekend we made the same trip and brought the "diver" off of our ship----he retrieved our gear and the boat. That weekend we left Genny at the liquor store and just drank Dandelion Wine.

Thanks for the memories

Chuckwagonbbqco said:
I remember my first date with Genny. I was stationed on the USS Trenton LPD 14 in Little Creek, VA in 1971 and had a shipmate from Hunt,NY. We drove to Hunt, NY for a weekend pass and I encountered Gennesse Piss Ale. They were on sale 3 quarts for a dollar so we got 5 dollars worth--seemed innocent enough. We took a little ol' rowboat and some fishing tackle and went fishing. We drank the Genny, sunk the boat, and lost all of our fishing gear and one quart of Genny. My shipmates dad was furious--it was his boat. The next weekend we made the same trip and brought the "diver" off of our ship----he retrieved our gear and the boat. That weekend we left Genny at the liquor store and just drank Dandelion Wine.

Thanks for the memories

Was that Hunt, NY, south of Buffalo ? That's where our camp is. We used to party on the Gennese River !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom