Gazpacho help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I'm gonna make some of the BBQ-4-U team prize winning gazpacho for the world series game today. I've read the posted recipe and have one question. After grilling the tomatoes and red pepper until the skins are charred, do you skin 'em before putting in the food processor, or do charred skins and all go into the processor? Thanks.

Griff

Griff said:
I'm gonna make some of the BBQ-4-U team prize winning gazpacho for the world series game today. I've read the posted recipe and have one question. After grilling the tomatoes and red pepper until the skins are charred, do you skin 'em before putting in the food processor, or do charred skins and all go into the processor? Thanks.

Griff

Griff I can't recall if Finney skinned them at SOTB or not. But I'd prolly leave them in since they're being pureed. Shouldn't make a difference, just add more smokey flavor.

Griff,

Wasn't there, but I'm betting you skin them. I wouldn't think that you would leave burnt skin fleks floating in your gazpacho for the judges to see.

Don't mean to step on your toes Larry, it just seems that you would skin them. We'll see.

Larry and Bruce

Thanks. The little bird on my right shoulder echoed Larry's thoughts about the smoky flavor. I mean it is "fire roasted" gazpacho. Meanwhile the bird on the other shoulder said "keep the black stuff out." I don't think I'll go wrong either way. I'm also going to make some ABTs and a pot of beans with some left brisket and left over pork loin that I'm slow cooking on the stove until it turns into either taco filling or chip dip -- haven't decided yet.

Anyway, thanks.

Griff

Now that I think about it, I remember going over to the table when Finney was cutting up the veggies and I do remeber I asked him "why he was cutting up the tomatoes before he grilled them". He had forgotten all about grilling them!! So a portion of the fire roasted gazpacho we had wasn't actually fire roasted.

To dispell all rumors.. All the veggies where grilled at SOTB except for the tops of the tomatoes that I cut off.

I leave all the skin on because I don't leave the veggies on the grill until they are 100% black. I just get them to where there is some char on all areas of the veggie Not the WHOLE thing is charred. If I did them that long, I would peel them. I don't want them cooked, just some grill flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom