Gator or Klose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jminion1

Sous Chef
Since we can't post to that question on that poll thread I would like to say something here.
I have been friends with David since 98, I own a 24x48 grill with lid and have owned a backyard smoker in the past. David has donated smokers and cash over the years to competitions that I have organized and we have cooked together a number of times. Because of this relationship I would purchase an offset from David should I be so inclined.

I have seen Gators around the country while competing and I believe Richie does a great job, they would be a very good choice.

Someone asked about Langs, their is a reason they are priced like they are, the quality of the workmanship does not stand up to that of a number of other manufactures.
Jim

I echo that opinion RC but as my name would suggest I'm more than a little bit partial to Klose.

Kloset

jminion said:
Someone asked about Langs, their is a reason they are priced like they are, the quality of the workmanship does not stand up to that of a number of other manufactures.
Jim
Hey!! I'm Someone!! :D

I'm curious..If there wasn't that relationship between you and Dave, which pit would you choose? I mean, I don't think anyone else here has met Dave let alone cooked with him. Fair question, no? Personal feelings aside...

Well let's see, if i didn't know David, I'd be happy with either of those two pits and would look at Bates also.
Chances are I'd buy an FE, less fuel and great production units, I don't feel a big need to play with fire.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom