Gator Fuel!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Picked up "2 cords" of oak for the hopefully soon arrival of my new Gator. I know a cord is 4' wide x 4' high x 8' long, but I haven't measured this. Does this look like 2 cords of wood? Close??

That is not two cords.
Two cords would be 8' long by 8' wide by 4' high, they owe you a bunch of wood. I'd guess at least that much or more.

Jim

Okay, so tell me how much I got ripped off. I paid $100 for it from a guy at work. Should I be really upset, or is a $100 a fair price for what I got even though it's not 2 cords?

Around here it's about $50 a face delivered green. Thats if you buy a 6 face minimum. Yours looks nice and seasoned so you did ok.

that ain't a cord down here. Looks good though. For your smoker, you're good. You don't have a fireplace though, do you?

Captain Morgan said:
that ain't a cord down here. Looks good though. For your smoker, you're good. You don't have a fireplace though, do you?

No fireplace Cappy!

For $100 in the Baltimore/ Washington area? It is probably a STEAL bro! You did great! that'll last you 2 seasons! Did you get a heavier wall firebox? Mine is insulated. It is AMAZING how little I burn! Can't wait to read your adventures with the flame! Buy alot of beer and get a buddy for those all night cooks. Or, get alot of coffee and prepare for alot of 3:00 am wake-ups . I love the neighborhood at that time! Woodrow

ps- Oak is GREAT on brisket. Maybe my second favorite behind apple.

GOOD NEWS! I sent the guy I bought the wood from an e-mail this morning, letting him know I didn't get what I paid for. He still hadn't cashed my check and tore it up!!! Don't really know what to say but thanks.

Steve Z said:
That's great Larry :D With the money you saved now you can buy another cord :(

I seem to remember someone telling me they would hook me up with some hickory??? 8-[

Jersey BBQ said:
Larry,
I would snap up a pile of nice seasoned oak like that for $100 anyday. That is some cute little lady out there helping you too...

After seeing the brick paver "pit patio" you did... and then stacking all that wood I wouldn't call you lazy. Heck all that makes me feel like a slacker...
AND great looking steaks the other night... I wished you lived closer! :eek:

Thanks Jeff, she's definitely a helper!!! Shoot me some pointers when you get a chance, so I can prepare for the Gator!

Guess who's parents just had a large peacan tree cut down and didn't tell me about it until all the wood was gone. :-X
"What would you have done with it?" Arrrgggghh.

They have a few fruit trees also. Told them if they cut them down to call me. "What would you do with it?" Arrrgggghh.

Finney said:
Guess who's parents just had a large peacan tree cut down and didn't tell me about it until all the wood was gone. :-X
"What would you have done with it?" Arrrgggghh.

They have a few fruit trees also. Told them if they cut them down to call me. "What would you do with it?" Arrrgggghh.

Obviously you've never taken them any Q, or maybe you have!

Back
Top Bottom