Fried chicken and taters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Seasoned the chicken and flour with salt, pepper, garlic, and Wolfe Rub Bold. Mashed taters loaded with butter, sour cream, cheese, onion, and a dash of peppercorn ranch dressing then fried. Wanted to try something different. The chicken had and nice flavor, hint of bbq flavor in the background.
img_170572_0_fe7873711dcd3fbeb3efbc2d601e82d1.jpg

Wow looks good to me!! Now I am sort of a fried mashed tater patty afficionado..at least as far as liking to eat em:) Now to get mine to hold together nice n purty like yours I always have to put some flour and an egg or two in there with it. Now all I ever used was regular old leftover mashed tates from out of the icebox. Tell ya the Cowboys on the Waggoner Ranch have fried tater patties with breakfast each morning which come from the leftover mashed tates of a previous meal. They put whole kernel corn in theirs. Tastes real good. Now how you get that stuff to stick together? Maybe we need the recipe:)

bigwheel

bigwheel, I put a little flour on a plate, then put a big spoonful of taters on the flour. I then put some flour on my hand and flatten out. I use a spatula to add to HOT oil, 275*. only turn once. I flip the patty onto my hand and gently add back to pan. If you try to flip, it will fo0ld onto itself.Hope this helps

Flip back onto your hand?? After being in the grease? You da man!

Just kidding. You must be using no more than 1/4 inch of grease and the top part ain't hot yet.

Well thanks for them tater tips. Feel like I sorta got some insight on how to make them patties after reading a recipe for Jewish tater pancakes. Been following the routine for quite a while. Considering the raw ingredents I have to work with I mix in one or two aggs and enough flour to make it resemble tater salad..throw in a handfull of chopped onyawn and one can of drained whole kernel corn..bunch of salt and black peppa. Drop em in out in big spoonfuls into hot grease or well greased griddle. When they brown up real nice...flip and sorta flatten them out a little..cook till the new side gets brown. The warden is getting her portion control down so good plust we eat a lot of leftovers I dont usually have many leftover mashed tates to work with these days. I would hate to have to make mashed tates just in order to make the patties.

bigwheel

That is the first time I have ever seen fried mashed potatoes. Does it show that I am not from the South? Looks good though.

That lack of expuriences on fried mashed taters shows a person to be rich folks. Only po folks eat fried mashed tater patties as far as I know.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom