Frankenfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually only eat wild caught (preferably by me!) fish anyway, so probably won't be eating any frankenfish. They certainly should be labeled. If they can be safely farmed, that's fine and dandy, but I don't believe that for a second. Plus how will this affect the commercial fishing industry? If these farmed "GE" salmon are twice the size and half the price, how many restaurants are going to serve the real thing?

Don't let Griff see this post ;) Our family only eats wild caught, but the contamination of other fish is the scary part.
Yeah, keep it from Griff.

I bet they'll pump 'em full of antibiotics to keep 'em disease free. That works so well with the GMO plants that have pesticides bred into them. All fine and dandy for the growers, but then the consumers are eating...WHAT?:mad::mad::mad:

Farmed fish will make you impotent. And could devastate wild native runs. Farming fish is illegal in Alaska.
As it should be everywhere. If you can't catch a fish, or know anyone who can catch a fish, or can pay for a commercial fisherman tocatch you a fish, then you have no business eating a fish. Also the fish population must remain sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom