for those of you video guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I have a kodak digital camera that takes movies. When I upload them to my computer they get saved as quick time movies. I tried to open the movies in Windows Movie maker but the format isnt recognized by windows. The extention of the movies in the camera are .mov. My question is how do I turn them into mpgs or another format so the windows movie maker will work. Thanks for any help.

Not being a video guy but being a computer geek to a certain point I would look for a setting or preference on the camera about how to Export the movie/file.

Look at the Movie proggy on yer PC and see if it has an Import File Preference.

What kind of camera did you buy and how much? I'm looking to start filming my own videos. Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Yeah, I'm an attention whore too. lol

Good luck bro man
peace

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I have a kodak digital camera that takes movies. When I upload them to my computer they get saved as quick time movies. I tried to open the movies in Windows Movie maker but the format isnt recognized by windows. The extention of the movies in the camera are .mov. My question is how do I turn them into mpgs or another format so the windows movie maker will work. Thanks for any help.

Bill, you need to have a program that will convert them in to a different file. I use Sony Vegas 7.0e and that would work for you...WMM need to be a WMM file in order for it to work. With Vegas you can splice them together if you want and then export it in to whatever code you want, ie...AVI, WMV,MP4 (popular), MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and so on. You can also customize the height and width as well and then render the product out that you set up.

Thanks guys. I found this free software that works great. Its called RAD video tools. Converts any files, and its free.

Video is forthcomming.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Thanks guys. I found this free software that works great. Its called RAD video tools. Converts any files, and its free.

Video is forthcomming.

Bill, Did you get that to work..Im in the same boat as you with my new Kodak camera. I downloaded RAD but couldn't get it to work..

Greg, What did that program cost ?

john pen said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1a9t2pxo]Thanks guys. I found this free software that works great. Its called RAD video tools. Converts any files, and its free.

Video is forthcomming.

Bill, Did you get that to work..Im in the same boat as you with my new Kodak camera. I downloaded RAD but couldn't get it to work..

Greg, What did that program cost ?[/quote:1a9t2pxo]

John, I did get it to work. I found this tutorial It was a big help.

My Samsung camera came with software But I use WMM with SP2 instead Its easyer & has lots of options.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom