For the concealed carry crowd..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok..now less get this old choo choo back on the tracks so to speak. Just to be on the safe side in case Mother Superior calls me to come protect her and the flock afore my fancy smancy new Scotty holster arrives...I took the liberal of taking my two homo sapien inspiring fanny packs over to the leather shoppe where the proprietar was instucted to cut off them cheesy nylon belts and plastic buckle. Fatmen can make them pop sometimes I heard..then he gonna sew me some belt loops on the inner part so you just put it on like a holster. He say twenty for one and 12 for the other. One leather one nylon. Belt size is apparently real critical to make it work right cuz this large breastes lady measured my trouser belt with a yardstick. It say two inches wide. Or..maybe she say that was the trouser trout. Who knows about stuff like this?

Well, the way you're tying my name to it... I sure hope you find purchase with yer new gun holder. You said you got the naked leather right? I gave mine a couple good toothbrush scrubbins with saddle soap (you have that in Texass doncha?), buff it, n again... Loosen it up and wear it, gun in...so the upper slide, and the leather will conform.

Looks like I am a little late to the party here...but I carry a Glock 26 with Corbon DPX 115gr +p rounds. The original 10rd mag is in the gun and I also have a magazine holder that I will carry weak side that has a Glock 19 mag in it and that hold 15 rds.

I shot both the G26 and 27 before I bought and I was able to put more rounds in center mass with the 26...it is my belief that getting the highest caliber round with the most accuracy is the way to go when you are looking to carry concealed.

I chose Glock because you can switch out magazines within the same caliber...I like that option! Also, the glock just doesn't fail...it eats anything you put in it! I looked at a Sig but those things are really heavy.

As far as holsters...like Scotty, I carry strong side, IWB, at about 4:30. I looked at Crossbreed and M-Tac but went with http://www.shieldedholsters.com I have had it for over a year and it is very comfortable and less than the Crossbreed. I got the double Phalanx for $50 shipped to me. If I am going to wear gym shorts I use the http://smartcarry.com system. Easily one of the most comfortable systems around and conceals really well. It is a bit of a bitch to re-holster for obvious reasons but it does go with a lot of dress options.

Lastly, if you carry IWB or OWB the best tool for carrying comfortably is a proper belt...and its not the $15 one from Walmart...you need something that will support the weight of the gun and keep the holster upright all day. I found http://www.thebeltman.net a while back after a lot of referrals from the Glock Talk forum...I really hedged on pulling the trigger for a $80 belt but it is HANDS DOWN the best investment I ever made for my carry system. They are very well built and will hold the gun and holster right where you want ALL DAY...and they look really nice too!

In Ohio we can open carry legally...all though it tends to freak people out. We need the permit to conceal...we have to immediately disclose to a police officer that we are CCW holders and then announce to them if we are armed or not...if we are we have to tell them where it is on our person...failure to announce that gets the CCW revoked. We cannot carry in schools, fed buildings, banks...and we have to get special permission to carry in Church. The governor is getting ready to sign a new bill in to law making it legal for CCW holders to carry in any restaurant or bar so long as we don't drink while we are there...or before arriving for that matter. State law says that if you plan on carrying at all you are not allowed one drop of alcohol. I wouldn't carry in a bar...but I can now carry in a restaurant if I want to when I know I won't be drinking.

Dang yall are costing me a lot of money here. Just ordered a smart carry too. Thanks folks.

ScottyDaQ said:
Greg Rempe said:
Be sure to get the belt to, BW!! Easily the best $80 you'll spend. :D :D

WHY pay $80-100 for frickin belt?
As long as it's quality leather, and double layer so the J-clips don't hop off..I don't get it.

Once you see the difference in the belt you'll know why...I had a 5.11 trainer belt before the "Beltman" option and it is seriously night and day. After your top sags or your pants sag you'll give it a try like me...then you will thank me later. :D :D

Have you gotten the Corbon rounds??

[youtube:gmuh53ve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yWGq3c1OI[/youtube:gmuh53ve]

I have two uniform trouser belts which I think are fairly high quality. They shiney black on one side and velcro on the the other depending on whether you wearing it for dress or to hold onto the Sam Browne..which has patches of the hooks which grab the velcro. I seen a defective walking around yesterday with an outside carry holster and handcuffs and all kinds of goodies hanging off of it. Think I will try that angle first. I had rather spend the 80 bucks on whiskey if possible.

Back
Top Bottom