For all you Firemen and Firewomen, or if you just Firetrucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
The National Geographic Channel will air the program Tools of the Trade: "Fire Trucks" this Thursday, September 21, at 8:00 pm ET/PT.

The teaser for the show reads, "From towering bucket trucks to high speed airport rescue vehicles to the high-tech wildfire firefighting truck, when lives are in danger, firefighters rely on cutting-edge Tools of the Trade to respond to the age-old problem of putting out fires.

NGC joins the Phoenix Fire Department on some critical fire rescuing missions to examine these high-tech trucks, including an American LaFrance Eagle Pumper that can pump up-to-1,250 gallons-per-minute and reach speeds up to 70 mph".

The show is repeated Thursday night at 11 p.m. and Saturday, September 23 at 4 p.m. Thursday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. and Friday, November 17 12:00 a.m. (all times are eastern)

If they show the Phoenix Mid-Engine (engine behind the cab) Trucks, that's the ones I designed for them.

Sure wished they would run a special on TV to try and teach them slab savers how to park them things at accident scenes. They seem to get some kinda perverse delight in causing the biggest traffic jams with the least amount of shiney red trucks. Wonder whuts up with that?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Sure wished they would run a special on TV to try and teach them slab savers how to park them things at accident scenes. They seem to get some kinda perverse delight in causing the biggest traffic jams with the least amount of shiney red trucks. Wonder whuts up with that?

bigwheel

They actually go to fireman school to lear how to do that BW, and it doesn't matter how many guys in blue are there with flashlights showing them where to park...it's the middle of the road or nowhere for 'em. Almost like they won't remember where they put damn truck is if it ain't right in the middle of the damn road.

Well they like to park sideways a lot too..then they cant never remember to shut off the strobe gizmo which turns all the traffic lights to red...so there is a guranteed traffic jam at the next intersection closest to where they park. Swear I gonna slip over to the fire station and cut the cable TV wire so they cant watch Jerry Springer one of these days.

bigwheel

Bruce B said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

They actually go to fireman school to lear how to do that BW, and it doesn't matter how many guys in blue are there with flashlights showing them where to park...it's the middle of the road or nowhere for 'em. Almost like they won't remember where they put damn truck is if it ain't right in the middle of the damn road.

Well Bruce & Big Jerk, I haven't been a fireman all that long, but 99% of the time we do 3 things with our trucks at the scenes. It's a bitch to get around the police cars that are always in our way. Do you have to park right up front to carry out a couple of flares? Next we like to block the scene up so that we don't have to worry about being hit by a passerbyer that is looking at the scene instead of where they are going. And last but not least we have tools or water that will be used to do the job you are standing around watching us do. That will explain us being so stupid!

Well I like it when they set up a command post and start passing out the free gator aid and tuna sandwiches. Thats a real treat and a good break from eating doughnuts for every meal.

bigwheel

okay... here's one for you police types.
nd-575.jpg

bigwheel said:
Well I like it when they set up a command post and start passing out the free gator aid and tuna sandwiches. Thats a real treat and a good break from eating doughnuts for every meal.

bigwheel

To bad, around here we have steak sammies!

Finney said:
And ugly Seagrave trucks. LOL

You talk about your truck doing 70mph. We just took delivery of our Pierce (not Seagrave, sorry) and this bad boy is the fastest truck I've ever seen! BTW, we ordered another one, to be delivered in about 8 months.

Thanks for posting the info Finney. Lil'quer and I have it marked for watching. I am always interested in new tech. By the way, do you desing any Hazmat trucks? We just got one at CFD. I'll send pics when its done.

Nick Prochilo said:
Well Bruce & Big Jerk, I haven't been a fireman all that long, but 99% of the time we do 3 things with our trucks at the scenes. It's a bitch to get around the police cars that are always in our way. Do you have to park right up front to carry out a couple of flares? Next we like to block the scene up so that we don't have to worry about being hit by a passerbyer that is looking at the scene instead of where they are going. And last but not least we have tools or water that will be used to do the job you are standing around watching us do. That will explain us being so stupid!

Tools and water to do the job, hell yeah, you get most of them out before they reach the the basement and the foundation. Another basement saved.

Oh, and by the way, Nick Nack, police cars are parked up front so you guys can find the scene quicker. We're standing around so a passerbyer doesn't come through the scene and hit a firefighter.

Big Jerk...was a little over the top Nick, don't you think?

Bruce B said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":136uhbx6]Well Bruce & Big Jerk, I haven't been a fireman all that long, but 99% of the time we do 3 things with our trucks at the scenes. It's a bitch to get around the police cars that are always in our way. Do you have to park right up front to carry out a couple of flares? Next we like to block the scene up so that we don't have to worry about being hit by a passerbyer that is looking at the scene instead of where they are going. And last but not least we have tools or water that will be used to do the job you are standing around watching us do. That will explain us being so stupid!

Tools and water to do the job, hell yeah, you get most of them out before they reach the the basement and the foundation. Another basement saved.

Oh, and by the way, Nick Nack, police cars are parked up front so you guys can find the scene quicker. We're standing around so a passerbyer doesn't come through the scene and hit a firefighter.

Big Jerk...was a little over the top Nick, don't you think?[/quote:136uhbx6]

Well as far as saving the basement, in the past 28 years that I've been doing this, we have lost around 3. Not to bad considering they were all ballon construction.

We never have problems finding the house, flames shooting out the windows are a good indicator that thats where we are suppose to be.

Big Jerk, well maybe somebody should step up to the plate on that one. I've heard LOTS of complaints about that jacka$$ in the past couple of days via PM messages.

Back
Top Bottom