FoodSaver group on Yahoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foodsaver group?? What's there to talk about other than you put the food in the bag then you seal it up. Maybe mark on the bag whats inside and the date you sealed it, then freeze it. There, discussion done. :craze:

Oh, don't dare say that over there... I guess there is a lot of talk on the best way to prepare food for the foodsaver - especially fruit & veggies. A lot of threads were when people were having trouble getting jars to seal or something so people would make suggestions on how to fix the problem.

The thread blew up over someone wanting to make individual pouches to hold baby formula powder in. Another person attacked them saying how unsanitary it was and that they were going to give their child botulism. Then it just got way out of hand - at first it was comical, but after 3 days of arguing with the guy posting private emails he had received, you start to wonder if those moderators are really doing any moderating.

allisonandrews said:
Oh, don't dare say that over there... I guess there is a lot of talk on the best way to prepare food for the foodsaver - especially fruit & veggies. A lot of threads were when people were having trouble getting jars to seal or something so people would make suggestions on how to fix the problem.

The thread blew up over someone wanting to make individual pouches to hold baby formula powder in. Another person attacked them saying how unsanitary it was and that they were going to give their child botulism. Then it just got way out of hand - at first it was comical, but after 3 days of arguing with the guy posting private emails he had received, you start to wonder if those moderators are really doing any moderating.
:-k :-k [-(

allisonandrews said:

That would NEVER happen around here! #-o

Well, to move it back on topic...

We are having brisket tonight from this weekend's cook that we used the foodsaver on. I know it wont be a real test of freshness since it is so close, but we are trying the reheat in boiling water method.

Oh, Captain, here is a good line for you as a moderator. It was the FS moderator's response as to why he was allowing all the turmoil:

"You people are adults, why can't you moderate yourselves? Why must you insist that I moderate you?"

Oh, and if we need to move this thread, I am all for it. I try not to be a problem child.

allisonandrews said:
Well, to move it back on topic...

We are having brisket tonight from this weekend's cook that we used the foodsaver on. I know it wont be a real test of freshness since it is so close, but we are trying the reheat in boiling water method.

Been food savering brisket for a while, i really dont notice any difference in the length of time

We're mainly looking forward to being able to heat it back up with boiling water. Hubby says the microwave makes it rubbery and the over sometimes dries it out.

Less than 15 minutes until I get to leave work - I can't wait.

allisonandrews said:
We're mainly looking forward to being able to heat it back up with boiling water. Hubby says the microwave makes it rubbery and the over sometimes dries it out.

Less than 15 minutes until I get to leave work - I can't wait.
Hmmmm. I'm wondering if it's because he hears the M/W? Think about doing a taste test ~ 1 slice from the M/W and 1 from the boiling water. :!:

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Foodsaver group?? What's there to talk about other than you put the food in the bag then you seal it up. Maybe mark on the bag whats inside and the date you sealed it, then freeze it. There, discussion done. :craze:

Hey, I'm a member of that group. A guy was on there yesterday talking about food saveing his clothes for easy packing. Lots of uses besides food!

I wonder if Jeffery Dahmer had a foodsaver? :ack:

I personally think it is because he nukes it at full power. I try to tell him that if he would reduce the power level and take a bit more time that it would not taste so rubbery.

Kloset BBQR said:
Hey, I'm a member of that group. A guy was on there yesterday talking about food saveing his clothes for easy packing. Lots of uses besides food!

Yeah, unfortunately he's also the 'bully' they keep referring to. I think that is why they can't just ban him - he does the bullying, but he's also the one providing a lot of the good information. Personally, he creeps me out some in the way he talks about his daughter. Just a personal thing though - a lot of people creep me out, afterall, I work on a university campus!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom